Left behind

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by larry24, Apr 4, 2019.

1. larry24

larry24 Registered

So I ask is one person money more important than another? I am Nascar fan and offline person, which must be two things rfactor 2 cares nothing about. I post this because I was thinking about Fallston motor speedway. Fallston is a track you can find a lot of pictures of, that was posted over 2 years ago but never released,l also have read forums here about ai that studio 397 said they would look into and never did anything about it. I would just like for some one to tell me how we can finish other stuff but we can't release a track that has been around for over 2 years,And how we can inprove other stuff in the game but not ai.

2. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

A) one of the first improvements S397 implemented was a Nascar module. It 'broke' several other single player features that haven't been repaired, but they got the Nascar rules implemented.
    B) Fallston? Nascar? my best guess is either a fantasy track or a real track re-named. Ah, I see, Bristol. From what I understood, there are 3rd party versions of almost all the Nascar tracks, including series mods for at least 2015 and 2018. Bristol is a great track, I now understand some of your disappointment.
    C) Sometimes tracks are pet projects of individuals inside a team. Said person may or may not still be employed. I guess S397 might issue a progress statement but again, it's one track.
    D) 99% of S397's focus right now appears to be online and road racing. (note I said APPEARS) This does not mean they are ignoring offline issues, but you clearly have noticed they are not a priority at this time.
    E) Since they originally planned on releasing the track under an assumed name, one must surmise they never secured the rights to the track, or if they did, it was back when ISI still ran the show. So several possible legal complications could arise. first, they were given a cease and desist by track ownership or another company with ties to the track. Or 2nd, the rights may not have transferred to S397 in the sale of the company from ISI.
    Finally, some of the more populated servers have often been Nascar online private series. So there are leagues and groups that may already have what you are looking for. Search them out and consider joining even if you cannot race online. You get downloads you don't expect. But to answer your question? 1 person's money is nothing, the costs associated with sim building can be huge. I want to see the Acura NSX + Ferrari 488 in a new GT3 pack, but I'll probably never see it due to those cars being tied up in other sims. Maybe someday, but I'm not holding my breath. We can all yell and scream, but S397 has a plan, a plan they only gingerly reveal to us.

3. AMillward

AMillward Registered

S397 have said AI will be worked on, and we'll be told when they do.

I'm thinking after this whole new UI/Competition structure, but don't hold your breath.