Launcher Not Detecting Hardware?

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by Isarmann, Apr 10, 2013.

1. Isarmann

Isarmann Registered

I've been making some adjustments to my machine lately, doing some cleanup and so forth... and somewhere in that the rFactor 2 Launcher stopped working.

Now all three buttons are greyed out (except for the little green "connected" logo on the multiplayer, which is ironic); and the cause seems to be on the "Purchase" tab, where it now says:

"A detectable CPU, permanent storage device, and an Ethernet or wireless (802.11) card are required to purchase the simulation. Currently, this application cannot detect these components. If these components are available and you believe this message is an error, please contact support@rfactor.net

Cannot locate a valid network adapter. Only network adapters reported by the operating system to be an Ethernet or wireless (802.11) devices are valid.

Cannot locate a valid primary hard drive. A permanent storage device must be present."

So you see, it's kind of funny that the launcher knows it's connected to the internet (little green icon), but because it "can't detect" my hardware, it won't run...

I thought maybe I inadvertently knocked out some registry entries with CCleaner, so I did a full uninstall/reinstall cycle for rFactor 2--- it ended up the same way. All three buttons greyed out.

What could it be that makes the launcher "unable to detect" my hardware, do you think? Any ideas, anyone?

2. StealthSCG

StealthSCG Registered

Am having the exact same problem.
    Uninstalled and reinstalled with the brand new 218 build (full version) and I simply can't do anything.
    I've checked my firewall and such, even disabled the entire A/V for a short time to see if it would do anything, and no change.
    Does anybody have a solution? I can't afford to throw my PC out of the window. :p

Edit: Apparently restarting the pc twice and asking it nicely to "please work" seemed to do the trick. You can ignore me :)

Last edited by a moderator: May 26, 2013