SOLVED Launcher broken - APPCRASH - MSVCR110.dll

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Hectari, Apr 29, 2014.

1. Hectari

Hectari Registered

Build 660 has been full of problems for me online: multiple CTDs, 'Lost Connection' many times but instead of getting kicked to MM, rF2 freezes and need to end the process. Had some black screens too(few seconds and everything returns to normal, exactly what happens with gpu driver crash and recovery), but i'm pretty sure that was down to using the wrong GPU overclock profile(one I meant to delete after unsuccessful testing).

However, last week it all went very wrong. When loading a replay I left the room for a minute and came back to a black screen, a system crash of some sort. Booted my PC up again and had this every time I tried to open the launcher:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I tried everything to fix the problem with all suggestions from this forum and everywhere else I could find similar problems with solutions. Uninstalling and reinstalling redistributables, frameworks, GPU drivers etc. After a lot of frustration and nothing making any difference and I wasn't even missing the cited .dll, I went for a format to try and cure the problem, reinstalled everything and the launcher was working, but when I put my rfactor AppData Roaming folder in place the launcher ceased to work. I narrowed it down to my Credentials file causing the problem so I removed it used the Login on the launcher and it recreated it. I can drop the corrupted Credentials file back in and it causes the above problem to return. This was a mega pain for such a simple fix, hoping if anyone else has the same problem that they can fix it simply by removing their existing Credentials file. To find it use the 'search programs and files' in the start menu and type %appdata% and hit enter, then open the rfactor folder and cut the Credentials file from the folder and see if the launcher will work again.

I still have a copy of the Credentials file if the devs want it just let me know cheers.

ps. still getting the infamous join lag when someone joins a server and i'm out on track

2. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

Hectari have you previously changed your nick/username via the Credentials file?

3. Hectari

Hectari Registered

Yeah I edit the NAME file to change nick/username and have done since the very first build. It's never caused me any problems and can't see a link between that and this issue, tried further NAME edits and haven't had APPCRASH again. Any thoughts?

4. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

Not really, have done the same as you since Beta, never an issue. yet ISI don't recommend tweaking that stuff so it just struck me as possibly related.
    Maybe not, but you never know :)