SOLVED Launch rFactor.exe has stopped working

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Ajinho, Jun 21, 2014.

1. Ajinho

Ajinho Registered

Was playing rFactor 2 earlier today (and have been for some time now -- almost a year exactly as I just renewed my yearly subscription today which was due to expire in about a week), then at one point I exited the game and it didn't seem to close cleanly. Since then, when I try to start the launcher, I get the generic looking Windows error message saying "Launch rFactor.exe has stopped working".

No matter what I do I cannot get it to work again. I have tried deleting everything (uninstalled, then deleted the folder under Program Files (x86) and the folder under Documents) and doing just a "Lite" install and I get the same problem. I also tried installing it on a different drive and got the same thing again. I have also tried various compatibility modes to no avail.

When I get the error, if I click on "Show problem details", I get the following:

Problem signature:
    Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
    Application Name: Launch rFactor.exe
    Application Version: 0.0.0.0
    Application Timestamp: 533ef889
    Fault Module Name: MSVCR110.dll
    Fault Module Version: 11.0.51106.1
    Fault Module Timestamp: 5098858e

And some more lines below that which I am not sure are relevant.

I looked up the file MSVCR110.dll and saw that it was related to the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable, so I uninstalled that and reinstalled, which also made no difference.

Please help!

2. Ajinho

Ajinho Registered

Sorry, just after I posted this I saw the "Run Time Errors" thread. I tried the suggestion in there and it worked.

3. alpha-bravo

alpha-bravo Registered