Largely untapped capabilities of FF in controller.ini

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ZMC888, Feb 25, 2012.

1. ZMC888

ZMC888 Registered

Anyone been experimenting with the FFB settings in controller.ini? I've been playing around and found some settings I quite, like. I'm no expert or saying that these are definitive settings, but the potential is massive here for people to really get some great feel.

My G27 settings:
    101% overall effect strength and everything else zero in Logitec profiler.

Backup your original files obviously. :D

2. joker68

joker68 Registered

Good settings. Thanks a lot. Using them with Steering effects strength="6000.00000" (G25 here) and 60% damper on Logitech Profiler (feels more connected to the road).

edit: settled with damper on 40%

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 27, 2012
  3. Eric Girouard

Eric Girouard Registered

What's your degrees of rotation?

4. joker68

joker68 Registered

Don't know if this question was directed to me, but anyway: I'm using the rotation suggested by game *(auto adjust), so I guess for formulas (which are the cars I drive) it is 576... :)

5. TiTaN

TiTaN Registered

I didn't like that settings in my g27. wheel is too light and very noisy. for me default FFB with Steering torque filter="25" is the best yet.

6. ZMC888

ZMC888 Registered

900 degree rotation in profiler and car specific in game. Profiler rotation settings don't change anything in the game. The game overrides the profiler so it will just be 540 anyhow. But having 900 rotation set in the profiler a car that has 900 will then be realistic to drive when one is available.

7. Mitt Wilson

Mitt Wilson Registered

Logitech G27--- A few of my wheel setting compared to OP!
    Steering effects strength="7780.00000" // -10000 to +10000, applies to all steering effects (torque, resistance, static spring, jolt, etc.)
    Steering torque filter="12" // Number of old samples to use to filter torque from vehicle's steering column (0-32, note that higher values increase effective latency)
    Steering torque zero-speed mult="0.90000" // Multiplier at zero speed to reduce unwanted oscillation from strong static aligning torque
    Other spring saturation="0.50000" // Static spring effect peak force (0.0 to 1.0) for any other FFB-capable controllers

Wheel Rotation 500 degrees
    No Logitech profiler used.
    Megans / Mills- The loss of Peak Traction feel is amazing it will let you know if your setup is right cause the tires after 2-3 ;aps will give tell tell signs where you need to make adjustments!

8. ZMC888

ZMC888 Registered

Thanks Mitt, I'll try out your set-up. The point this thread wasn't to show off my own settings, but really suggest that good things are possible if you are not happy with the default and share our ideas. :D

My latest controller.ini:

107% overall effect strength and everything else zero in Logitec profiler, and everything ticked except combined pedals. Car specific in game 1.00.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 27, 2012