Labels have returned; race event trouble

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by BoothJoe, Jun 22, 2017.

1. BoothJoe

BoothJoe Registered

Tonight I noticed that labels have returned. I know a lot of people didn't care when I mentioned they were gone several days ago, but I use them. Especially when you're under full course yellow and you're told to catch up to Dirk Digler and you have no idea what car Dirk is manning today. Now, part 2. I'm having an issue with a RaceEvent that I've created. USF2000-2016. I've gone into the team mas file and changed the names there to great authors for my offline championship season. I then created a RaceEvent using the USF2000 with the changed team mas. Every day over the past few days when I load up RF2, the raceevent doesn't show up and the main screen defaults back to All Cars and Tracks. If I click the button to show raceevent, my usf2000 raceevent doesn't appear in the list. If I go to the packages menu in the launcher, it shows the raceevent installed. I tried uninstalling it, but the option to install isn't available even though the launcher sees it in the packages list. I have to uninstall it and go back into the mas2 editor to recreate it.Verifying files doesn't have an effect one was or the other. I wonder, though, if I ought to unsubscribe from the USF2000 mod in the workshop since I changed it.

2. Eddy

Eddy Registered

About labels you can turn them on and off with the "tab" key (default) afaik this has always been like this.

The race event i'm not familiar with, never done that myself, but my guess is you should indeed unsub from workshop.
    At least it wouldn't hurt and subscription to it can be done in a minute.

Maybe someone with more knowledge can help you more

3. BoothJoe

BoothJoe Registered

Actually, I think, unsubbing might remove the mod. I don't remember if you have to uninstall/delete a module if you no longer want it or if unsubbing it will do that. As for the labels, they weren't working for a while. If you hit the tab key, the line would appear but no name was listed. Last night the labels were back.

4. Emery

Emery Registered

And to further clarify labels, this is the DX11 beta. They've continued to work properly in DX9 production.

5. BoothJoe

BoothJoe Registered

Yes, DX11. Sorry, I forgot to mention that. I only run the DX11 beta any more because it runs well enough for my level of offline racing.