Keyboard setting after the last RF2 update

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Nicola59, Feb 22, 2023.

1. Nicola59

Nicola59 Registered

I know that RF2 is a motorsport simulator and that the best ( and natural ) device to play with it is the steering wheel. I also use a steering wheel. But, like other people having as hobby the modding of RF2, sometimes it’s easy and quick to use the keyboard to test any update on game.
    Until the last update of RF2, I had a good setting profile for keyboard, allowing to “drive” a car without problems. But now, I’m no more able to get a decent keyboard setting.
    What is any keyboard setting suggested for RF2, now?
    Also when you see the menû under game controls, you don’t see any keyboard option….only wheel, joystick, gamepad…or Off. Is this last one for keyboard?
    Many thanks for help.

2. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

The gamepad and I'm assuming joystick routines contain some new code, but if you choose WHEEL that is supposed to disable the extra smoothing or whatever it is.

3. Nicola59

Nicola59 Registered

Thank you for replay.
    But, since I’m no more able to play with keyboard like before the last update of RF2, I should like to know an ideal new setting for keyboard….I lost my self in the new menû for steering ratio, sensitivity, aggressive steer, etc etc.
    The result is always poor….you have the driver moving suddenly arms on steering, or, with wheel option, you can’t turn then the car in game in a proper way.
    With the old configuration, keyboard was fine.
    Thank you