KartSim for rFactor 2 - Unknown Base Mod Missing?

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by newbert, Nov 4, 2018.

1. newbert

newbert Registered

I just bought and downloaded KartSim for rFactor2. However, the only karts available to me are the Rental Karts. (All 3 tracks are available however.) When Steam workshop syncs, I get the following message: "KS_X30_2018 v 1.13 requires unknown base mod to be installed. / KS_X30_2018 1.13".

I have tried verifying all rFactor files on Steam and everything else in rFactor seems to be ok, but I get this message every time that I start rFactor2 and the X30 Karts are missing.

Can anyone help me out in getting all components of KartSim installed properly?

Thanks!

2. Coutie

Coutie Moderator Staff Member

You can try some of the things from this thread: https://forum.studio-397.com/index.php?threads/missing-base-mod.61526/

3. newbert

newbert Registered

Thanks for the link. However, I've tried all the suggestions in the thread (except unsubscribing/re-subscribing) and it didn't help.

How does one "unsubscribe/re-subscribe"? And What specific files should I unsubscribe and re-subscribe?

Thanks again!

4. newbert

newbert Registered

Also, the thought occurred to me of uninstalling, then re-installing all of rFactor2. But I'm reluctant to go thru all that.

5. newbert

newbert Registered

Whoa! I just re-started rF2 and everything is loaded now and working fine. I don't know what happened, but THANKS to who ever fixed it! :D