Karting

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Slimjim, Oct 5, 2010.

1. Slimjim

Slimjim Registered

I'm sure this will be something a few will want to know about..
    I will save my questions for later, while the team has a little more time to develope things.

2. Bruce Saltzman

Bruce Saltzman Registered

This will definitely be a topic of interest to many here.

3. Peter Read

Peter Read Registered

I am defiantly interested in this aswell.

4. Fred Joseph

Fred Joseph Registered

me three !! ;)

5. Jeffrey Rietveld

Jeffrey Rietveld Registered

Bring on the karts ! :p
    The only problem is, is that they're so difficult to simulate because karting is actually moving ur body depending on the corner.

6. Slimjim

Slimjim Registered

Yes, in rF1 it is very hard to make the Karts act perfectly like a real Kart.. weight, power with suspension.?
    people that race Karts know they do not have a normal suspension system like a car.
    so it makes it very hard to get the right feeling of stiffness, and ballence of sliding..
    The biggest problem i had with the Kart mod i did, was the center of gravity..
    i could set it to 0.0, and would still have some issues with it being top heavy on spins, wanting to tip over.
    Not sure what type of Karts ISI will be making, 1 class.? i'm sure to be adding more, as the Shifters being one of my Favorties next to the Rotax.

but moving arms will be a great improvement for this type of racing.. as they are very visable.

here is another problem i had in the rF 1 karting..
    in the cockpit view.. the only part you could make detach was the front wing / front bumper..
    the parts would fall off from the TV cams..this was due to limited debris that was visable in the cokpit view.
    maybe more instances that were detachable in the cockpit view.

a little more refining on the collision feelers.. for the tires.. touching tires in Karting is a no no..

7. Bruce Saltzman

Bruce Saltzman Registered

In spite of the simulation challenges, I had some of the most fun running your mods.

8. Slimjim

Slimjim Registered

i'm sure with all the tallented modders that will be working on rF2, this will be the place to get your Sim Racing fix.
    and i'm sure there will be plenty of very nice mods and tracks to add very shortly after the release..

9. khohn2727

khohn2727 Registered

Karting! Yes! Now it just needs sprint cars, late models, and other cars and their tracks to be already installed on the game. Even if it isn't, I'm still getting it :)