Jules Bianchi hurt at Suzuka

Discussion in 'Real Racing Discussion' started by Saabjock, Oct 5, 2014.

1. Tuttle

Tuttle Technical Art Director - Env Lead

This! +1

2. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

I completely agree Tuttle.

3. F1 2004

F1 2004 Registered

4. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

5. Nimugp

Nimugp Registered

after seeing this I really think people shouldn't say it was too wet, drivers were on wrong tyres, etc..... If I see this part, the conditions weren't that bad as some people described it was. There was just a small patch of extra water coming onto the dry-ish (less wet) line, that caught out both Sutil and Bianchi (according to FIA press conference they hit the same bit), but other then that it seems perfectly raceble to me.

(also about the argument that people were on the wrong tyre, most drivers pitted after the crashes, and at least half of them fitted a fresh set of inters, which they would only do if they think it wasn't to wet.....)

6. Bjørn

Bjørn Registered

Please enlighten me, which drivers?
    Cause Magnussen and Button were the ones I saw pit just before and after the crash of Sutil... And they fitted full-wets. Kevin was the first and came out 2 secs behind Ricciardo, into the second Dechner, Kevin was right up behind Ricciardo, so the full-wets were reasonably faster...

On the subject of the Magnussen gif... We have no idea what lap that is on.. that could be lap 37-38 where the conditions weren't that bad. Came in for full-wets on lap 41, just before Sutil crashed.

7. Nimugp

Nimugp Registered

watched back my recording of the race (well, only final laps), so the ones below where the ones that were shown on television: (also, there was clearly a dryer line to be seen, and the spray wasn't too heavy either, although getting worse with each lap)

Lap 43 (yellow, no SC):
    -button: inter -> full wet

Lap 44 (SC)
    -Hulkenberg: inter -> inter

Lap 45 (SC)
    -Raikkonen: inter -> full wet
    -Vettel: inter -> inter

8. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

9. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

A German news outlet now claim to have heard a recorded radio message from Marussia to Jules Bianchi, telling him to ignore the waved double yellow flags shortly before he crashed..
    I have no idea if there's any truth to this.

Edit:
    Nah, scratch that, it seems that story is absolute BS. Actual radio recordings and telemetry prove that he did slow down.
    S*** sensationalist journalism...

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 15, 2014
  10. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

The problem is that the Pirelli full-rain tyres suck so bad so now, in F1, cars have to follow safety cars in the rain (in rain conditions where they used to actually race in and really show their talent), then when it finally is deemed dry "enough" then very, very quickly the drivers are trying to go to intermediates so early because the Pirelli full-wet tyres are such a slow tyre. Basically, the natural amount of grip that the full-wet tyre has relative to the intermediate-tyre is disproportioned way too much and sort of forces the drivers to go to the intermediates at such an early stage when it is still relatively too wet and should probably still be a full-wet tyre situation.

Lewis Hamilton -
    source - http://www.planetf1.com/driver/18227/9518898/Hamilton-calls-for-improved-wet-tyres

Sebastian Vettel -
    source - http://www.planetf1.com/driver/18227/9518898/Hamilton-calls-for-improved-wet-tyres

11. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

12. Saabjock

Saabjock Registered

That's very good news.
    Just the fact that he is breathing without a respirator is mega.
    The fact that he's healed enough to be put in a pressurized cabin and transported to France is even more significant.
    It'll still probably be some time...but it shows his body is slowly healing.

13. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

It is fantastic news! I'm really hoping for the best too!

14. Comante

Comante Registered

I really hope he recover, but it must be clear that he could easily remain unconscious for the rest of his life. Now is more about the marvel of human body than medicine. I would really like to see Micheal and Jules have a conversation, but for now is only a hope, for both of them.

15. tjc

tjc Registered

Fantastic news for sure but still a long way to go...

The body is a fantastic thing though so we must all keep hoping for the best. :)

16. tjc

tjc Registered

17. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

18. Nazirull Safry Paijo

Nazirull Safry Paijo Registered

19. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

Utterly depressing and so sad. :(

20. David O'Reilly

David O'Reilly Registered

It is indeed very sad.

It alsoappears that the Japanese GP has have been run with higher risks than European GPs to conform to TV schedules. It is run later at a time of year when daylight fades quickly . In 1977 when Hunt defeated Lauda it was in shocking conditions to meet TV expectations and Lauda as we know stopped for safety reasons.
    In 1994 Brundle had a very near miss that would have been similar to Bianchis crash had he been a few feet different in his trajectory. Rain, late in the afternoon, waved yellows, yellow recovery vehicle.

Its about 20 years too late thet the race is scheduled to start a little earlier in the day.
    It doesnt help poor Jules but it was an accident waiting to happen and better decisoins could have prevented it.