join lag

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by privatebrian, Apr 28, 2013.

1. privatebrian

privatebrian Registered

2. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

I've got this for the first time yesterday. When I was driving and trying to make a good quali time, people entered the server all the time and everytime someone joined I got a small lag. Not like when you're in the chat, there I get a big lag everytime someone join and that's quite annoying, but never had it while driving before.

I hope it was something with the server. I'll surely be back if not, because it would drive me crazy :p

3. privatebrian

privatebrian Registered

Hi Hedlund_90

Sorry to hear you are suffering the same sort of problem, i get this in the lobby, practice and quali
    and it is very annoying, especially when you are mid corner and the whole sim freezes, it's not even
    funny.

oh and i've had this problem for months.

4. DocJones

DocJones Registered

For me the issue was resolved with the build they released after 125. Not a single join lag since.

5. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

I have also experienced join lag with build 198. Do not remember having it before. Lag isn't that bad though that it would ruin my driving.

6. privatebrian

privatebrian Registered

It would be nice if someone from ISI could confirm that this issue has been resolved.

7. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

Well, it was not the server, now I'm getting the short join lag everytime someone enter the server. Annoying.

It wouldn't surprise me if it ruins my laptimes, because the lag lasts for maybe 0,5 seconds and when it's over I continue on the exactly same spot (I think) instead of where I should have been (obviously many meters forward if I'm driving 250 km/h). Haven't done any actual testing though...

8. privatebrian

privatebrian Registered

Well it would be nice to know if this is a bug in the software, or a problem on the users end.

9. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

I can confirm that I loose 0,2-0,3 seconds in laptime everytime someone joins the server... it's quite annoying to say the least.

But my brother that are using the same internet connection as me do not have this problem... It's something with my computer or my rf2 install obviously, and it started 2 weeks ago. Anyone have a solution? :(

10. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

I hope new build arrives soon, so I can try to make a fresh install again too see if the problem remains. I don't want to reinstall this build when new build could come any day now...

11. DocJones

DocJones Registered

I was driving online earlier, people constantly joining and leaving. I did not notice a single join lag.

Have you guys tried creating a new multiplayer.ini & player.plr? You could also install a 2nd rF2 instance to a different path without uninstalling your main one and see if that helps before uninstalling and going through the process of setting everything up again.

12. frankwer

frankwer Registered

Got join lag in the latest build. I have got several "bugs" in the latest build, all previous builds was flawless.

13. privatebrian

privatebrian Registered

Well to try and eliminate any software problems on my end, yesterday i did a completely fresh install
    of windows + all updates + drivers, and i'm still experiencing this problem, very annoying.

14. privatebrian

privatebrian Registered

Well i'm disappointed to have to come back to this thread, and report that one of the
    things the last update was to fix, is now worse than ever, yes you got it! "join lag".

And now that the clock has started ticking, for those of us that did not purchase the
    the lifetime licence, you would have thought this side of things would have been sorted.

i'm sorry but i'm starting to loose interest in one of the best sims because of this very
    problem...just like to add i've had this problem since...well after the first build (49 i
    think) not just after the latest update, but now it's worse, you get it when people join,
    and when people leave.

15. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

Eliminating lag when people enter the server might be done without loading its skin or sending other driver skins and vehicle status and track information to the entering driver (i dont know if other info is sent as well) or at least doing it in in a slower pace. It would take more time to the entering driver to load the track I guess. I think that the drivers loading process is already slower than in rFactor1 when you enter the server but I dont know if this due to more info is transmitted or because it is done on purpose in such a way that it does not stop sending info to other drivers.

Enviado desde mi GT-I9505 usando Tapatalk 2