Jeremy Miller tweets (Senior Programmer at ISI)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by TIG_green, Feb 21, 2013.

1. gagipro

gagipro Registered

Pfffiouuu.
    It is still beta look :
    The screen flickers with nvidia surround&sli, standard feature. You juste have to detect resolution and adapt the UI : or just print black to left and right screens, I'll be happy.
    Buy an nvidia triplehead sli to Jeremy : for the amount of players with this setup and asking for refund not to have burnt eyes.
    I'm an IT company owner and trust me, ISI's way of coding looks like hobbyism :)
    Asseto Corsa is beta and doesn't have this bug.
    So for me, when I show the game, I say it's beta software when they ask why the screen flickers.
    Just one little bug!
    Mad_king is right : finish the features you sold to us!
    And you need these urgently :
    64 bits!
    At least dx10.
    These should be next goals for 2014.
    By the end of the year : I'm sure it'll still be 32bits and dx9.
    Si I'm thinking about asseto corsa for our league server and I'm not the only one!
    The same for modding, if asseto corsa works better and don't burn my eyes... I'll do modding for AC!!!

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 1, 2014
  2. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Good for you. Go ahead. I don't think anyone's stopping you.

3. gagipro

gagipro Registered

Hooo thank you lololol

4. Lazza

Lazza Registered

By the way, you bought what rF2 was when you bought it. You didn't buy based on what ISI told you would be in it, and finished, by any time (let alone a particular date). I know that because there's never been any list of coming features, and still isn't.

5. gagipro

gagipro Registered

Realroads, advanced tires and weather were always announced as included features since the begining and are still not fixed !!!

6. gagipro

gagipro Registered

And the flickering in the ui ???
    It's the biggest issue on my setup. Should be fixed easy and not linked with advanced features?
    Aquaplaning needs to be fixed.
    I didn't say everything was bad! But for me it's still beta until they fix their UI!
    Every other games have a working surround UI!!!
    Fed up to burn my eyes!

7. Lazza

Lazza Registered

I don't think anyone's denying you have a point there. I hope it does get fixed soon, along with a number of other things that either need fixing or adjusting. But when you start talking down ISI's professionalism you're going to get defensive posts. Yes, there are issues, but the same guys who haven't yet fixed the issues are the same ones who developed rF1 and all the stuff that makes rF2 so much better.

Aquaplaning doesn't need 'fixing' - it needs implementing. It would perhaps be tempting to do this simply and quickly (track wetness under tyre > 0.90 ? grip *= 0.10) but I think we can see this isn't ISI's method - when aquaplaning is implemented it will be done properly, probably in combination with other enhancements regarding the tyre model. Yeah, that means we have to wait, but that's their choice. I bought rF2, I can uninstall it if it no longer ticks boxes for me (as I've done with other games and programs in the past), I can't sit here and say well I've paid for it, give me what I want.

8. BazzaLB

BazzaLB Registered

3DVision was so obviously broken it was reported hours after unstable release. It wasn't just MM issues. If it wasn't for copying a cached shader from a previous build, I wouldn't be able to play rf2 494. Why are you claiming there were no obvious detected issues in unstable?

In most places where you have a release candidate, you split the code off from your normal dev tree. Fixes are then applied to both if necessary but dev continues whilst RC is in testing. Its a typical process but obviously one that doesn't seem to be done within ISI or else I don't follow the "held back code" comment.

9. Lazza

Lazza Registered

BazzaLB, you could play 494 even with the tyres not being given depth. I'm not saying you'd want to, but you could. That's probably why the stable was released despite the bug; an actual showstopper, a bug that actually stopped people being able to play, would more likely result in a fix first.

I don't think the held back code comment is related to their RC process. It may have swayed their decision to release though, because they are anticipating another RC soon with more implemented features that are well on the way to being done. So with no apparent game-breaking issues (because they obviously didn't find the MM crash issue, and given its nature I think that's fair enough) they've given us this for now with another one hopefully coming soon. And they can fix the other reported bugs at the same time. Their ability or willingness to patch a reported bug in both the RC and their internal code doesn't have anything to do with whether they pulled some other features before the RC.

10. gagipro

gagipro Registered

I continue to think like bazza about ISI professionalism :
    Sorry Lazza

11. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

I agree

enviado mediante tapatalk

12. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

AC has Multiplayer now? nice! I was waiting for that to arrive so I could try it out. I don't do offline but still was aicking to try it out.

13. Hagen Tröger

Hagen Tröger Registered

He is thinking

Gesendet von meinem U9200 mit Tapatalk

14. C3PO

C3PO Registered

Hey guys -- can keep this to Jeremy's tweets please?

15. kimikaze

kimikaze Registered

+1

16. Jamezinho

Jamezinho Registered

17. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

I might be going to nvidia and sli soon, are there weird flickering issues with rf2 and surround?

18. C3PO

C3PO Registered

I run nVidia SLI across three screens and no flicker here.

19. gagipro

gagipro Registered

Yes, i'll try to discuss with you about this, you need a video perhaps?

20. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Sure. Wait is it just flickering in menus or during actual gameplay itself?