I've an old license but a new PC

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Iketani, Sep 28, 2017.

1. Lazza

Lazza Registered

It seems unlikely S397 haven't considered this. In fact I'd be pretty confident that before a deadline was set the pros and cons were weighed up. They then decided to set the deadline and have stuck to it.

So, why would they do that? Seems two obvious options:
    1. They're assholes.
    2. There's some reason it's not feasible/profitable/worthwhile to extend the transfer.

Now I don't think we've actually heard S397 give a reason (and not sure they'd need a reason for being assholes, though I don't think I've seen them admit to that either). We have seen a few people (mainly those affected) assume option 1, while I think many others are assuming option 2. I'd be curious, but I also tend to think they're doing it this way for a reason. So if they don't elaborate, I'll stick with that.

2. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

This End User Access and License Agreement (“EUALA”) is an agreement between you and Image Space Incorporated (“ISI” or “we” or “us”) in relation to ISI’s racing simulation rFactor and rFactor2 (the “Product”) and its associated services.

ISI reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to modify or replace any of the Terms of Use, or change, suspend, or discontinue the Service (including without limitation, the availability of any feature, database, or content) at any time by posting a notice on the ISI or rFactor websites or Service or by sending you an email. ISI may also impose limits on certain features and services or restrict your access to parts or all of the Service without notice or liability. It is your responsibility to check the Terms of Use periodically for changes. Your continued use of the Service following the posting of any changes to the Terms of Use constitutes acceptance of those changes.

I think EUALA is giving the answer to most of the complains like, I didn`t receive email, lifetime, latest content can not be used, etc.
    In my mind the only excuse which can be used if you didn`t migrate to Steam inside of the timelimit is, Dear ISI/S397, I was doing the time.................please.:oops:

3. dylbie

dylbie Registered

I can't believe this whole topic is still going on, nearly a year after the switch to Steam. Where have you people been?

If I bought Windows 95 'Ultimate' edition, and then went and crawled under a rock for 20 years, I would not come out and expect to have a free upgrade to Windows 10.

I think you guys are using the word 'lifetime' in the wrong context. It's the lifetime of the software NOT your own lifetime. You really think that a company would ask for one payment, and then give you free updates until you are 100 years old? It's clear that anyone who states this either knows nothing about business, or is a bad businessman.

rFactor2 is arguably the greatest motorsport simulator that has ever been released. If you have issues spending €12 on it then maybe you should find something cheaper to do... like iRacing.

If Studio397 decided to change the purchase price to €100 tomorrow, I would still happily pay it as I would want to support a bit of software which is, and the team of developers who are creating, the most authentic motorsport experience.

Also good luck in making a case in the courts about this... A judge would look at it, and realise that a satisfactory effort has been made to inform customers in numerous different places, as well as external sim racing websites, Youtube, Facebook etc. Then he would look at the money involved and laugh you back underneath your rock.

I remember when forums used to be good sources of information, places to learn from experts, have useful guides and tutorials, or work in progress preview threads. Now it seems to be filled with delusional, moany, opinionated people with a false sense of entitlement.

Don't get me started on what Facebook has become...

*Rant mode off

4. lagg

lagg Registered

Wait a moment mate. I have plans to live much more!!!! :p