Items from today's Revival Racing (60s F1) event

Discussion in 'Hosting Help' started by Galaga, Sep 23, 2013.

1. Galaga

Galaga Banned

The first issue that has never happened to me and happened twice today with the worst possible timing. My head motion plugin failed to load earlier during the day but the TrackMap plugin did load. And the only way I could get it to load was to completely exit out and restart rF2. The exact thing happened on the starting grid for the big race. The plugin loaded and was working fine during practice and qualify but at the starting grid did not load (again, TrackMap loaded and did work). Never before today has this happened and I have hosted several races on build 300 with no problems. I don't mind reinstalling but wanted to check here first in case there is something I can do to prevent this b/c as it stands I will likely not use head motion plugin again b/c when it fails to load there is nothing at all I can do and my race is ruined because when the plugin does not load the camera is completely glued to the car and makes you sick. So instead I will just not use the plugin b/c not worth the risk of ruining a race I spent two weeks organizing.

Second issue is is it documented anyplace what online race settings required a restart weekend vs reload track vs restart server? I had an issue where (and I believe it is my fault) race #2 used a fast rolling start even though I wanted a standing start but I think it was my fault and that I changed it and forgot to change it back. The issue is that it took two extra race restarts to figure out that restart weekend wouldn't fix it and I had to reload the track but I didn't have to restart the server completely. So I believe it would be handy to know which things you can change for restart weekend vs reload track vs completely restart server. No problem if doesn't exist but if it does already exist would be nice. Otherwise I will just test and find out for myself but obviously time consuming but that is part of league administration so I'm not complaining.

Third issue is that it appears that the race replay was not recorded. Please tell me this is a UI problem and there is a workaround to get to my recording. I only see the second race recording. It will be very disappointing if such a great race is lost. :(

Edit - One more thing. Do I also need to test how rubber works when weekend restarts WRT naturally progressing? For example if I set practice as light layer and qualify and race as naturally progressing and weekend restarts, such practice start from where race left off or does it start over with a light layer. Presumably if it restarts with light layer that would make sense b/c that is what the setting says. Also, presumbably if I want to change that then do I first have it set so P1 is light layer and then after practice is over or sometime before weekend restarts do i change practice setting to naturally progressing and then save so that when weekend #2 starts it will start with what was in R1 so then I can, for example, skip to warmup for break time between r1 and r2 and have same rubber for r2 as r1?

Many thanks in advance. :)

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 23, 2013
  2. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

For the rubber thingy, setting practise to 'user: autosave' means a weekend-restart will keep the rubber from the previous race.
    So race1 would have a normal progressive buildup and then race2 would be rubbered in already.
    (let the server restart itself and all rubber is gone)

That is how it works with weekend-restarts anyways, not sure if it works with 2 or more sequences in events though, we have not been able yet to get that working at all.

Also, the user: autosave option is not always available, some tracks have it, others don't. no idea why.

3. DJCruicky

DJCruicky Registered

Just a long shot, check your Player.PLR file and check the following setting to a lot higher number like 10.
    Code:
    Number Track Replays="10" // how many replays to store for each track (using default naming convention only!)
    You said you needed to restart a few times, race 1 was maybe overwritten. Replays are saved in a cycle, the oldest is deleted when new one is written.
    If you're not bothered with saving replays from practice, qualy and warmup then set the following to 0
    Code:
    Save All Replay Sessions="0" // whether to save the replay from each session

Make sure you're logged in as admin.
    At end of race 1, type "/callvote restartwarmup".
    That will take you to warmup with the rubber intact.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 23, 2013
  4. Galaga

Galaga Banned

Excellent, guys! Thanks!!:D

5. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

Oh and for the restart-question, as far as I know anything that can be changed by command will not effect the server at all. things like racelength changes, grid edits, batch files.
    Anything outside that, different rubber files, start sequence etc. require a server restart to make it work.

Encase you haven't seen it before, these are the rf1 admin commands, all/most work in rf2, not sure if there are additional ones already.