Issues with the FFB, no force in turns

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Tomeu93, Mar 13, 2016.

1. Tomeu93

Tomeu93 Registered

Hi, I let you a video showing with the Pedal Overlay Display how my FFB don't work correctly, when i'm turning at 35% of the steering, the FFB don't do any force and it's very hard to drive without know what's happening with the car. I have a G27.
    I also have an issue with the kerbs and vibrations, they are extremly hard so my experience with the rf2 is impossible to enjoy driving.

Maybe somebody can help me sending your config in the controller file, thanks!

2. Comante

Comante Registered

Hello, supposing that you already use the default G27 controller.json that is in RF2, in the settings control panel you have to raise the steering torque minimum and check that FFB smoothing is set to a value that please you (8 - 9 to smooth a bit the curb rattle). Steering torque minimum for the G27 is set somewhere between 4 and 14%, depending on personal tastes and car.

3. Tomeu93

Tomeu93 Registered

Thank you, I will try how you say and reply the result!

4. Tomeu93

Tomeu93 Registered

Thank you! Now I feel better with the FBB and i'm begining to drive faster :D

5. Comante

Comante Registered

Nice,I own a G27 too, just from december, and the "issue" from what I understood is that when the wheel is straight only 1 motor is responsible for FFB output, for this reason when straight the wheel appear weaker. In all honesty I like how it is, and I think a lot depend on track/car combo. For example, with howstons at belgium 1966 I can't keep my wheel straight in the long straights floating at 300 Km/h over the road, while in other cars on flat tracks you may feel to need to crack the value up to have some feeling.

6. Tomeu93

Tomeu93 Registered

Nice reply, thank you very much sir