Issues when streaming

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by Rich Goodwin, Mar 9, 2014.

1. Rich Goodwin

Rich Goodwin Registered

This evening I wanted to stream some rf2 for a change as I regularly do with iracing and assetto corsa. I hit a few issues, though.

1) While streaming with my triples enabled, the Ai cars stuttered back and fourth seemingly at random, but quite a lot. This was verified on ISI and nodded content. I also lowered the graphics settings to bare minimum, no change. I switched off the stream, the problem was gone. Started the stream, the issue was back.

I then tested in single screen mode, no issues. I would like to point out that I never have an issue with local recording, so I don't think it is hardware related.

It reads as if it is a graphics card limitation to me, but the frame rate was smooth, just the Ai were doing odd things.

2) again, in triple screen mode using the "game capture" option in OBS, the stream produced a screen full of artifacts every few seconds. This was not visible in game or in the OBS viewer. This was solved by using a "capture window area" instead, but still, it shouldnt happen.

The outcome, everything seemed fine single screen. Triples screen, very odd behaviour.

Specs: i7 3770, GTX660 2gb, 16gb ram, 3x 21" monitors

Any suggestions?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

2. Rich Goodwin

Rich Goodwin Registered

Here is a video of the issues. I've not shared it on youtube as I don't want to harm rFactor2 in any way. Artifacts visible from 1:30. Strange laggy stuff @ around 6 minutes. This video shows everything I did to try and combat the issue.

http://www.twitch.tv/rich32g/b/509358258