Issue with track - Falling through track

Discussion in 'Track Modding' started by Drathuu, Jan 9, 2013.

1. Drathuu

Drathuu Registered

Guys,

I had an issue where i was falling through part of my track - I noted that most racesurface entries were as per below (followed copy /past vid tutorial)

Instance=racesurface_t0_s0
    {
    MeshFile=racesurface_t0_s0.gmt CollTarget=True HATTarget=True
    Deformable=True CollTarget=True HATTarget=True Reflect=true
    }

Whilst trying to work out why i was falling through _s4 section i noted it had

Instance=racesurface_t0_s4
    {
    MeshFile=racesurface_t0_s4.gmt
    }

Which i thought wasnt a problem.. as the parser would just pickup the flags for the instance of the object... But as soon as i added back in the

Instance=racesurface_t0_s4
    {
    MeshFile=racesurface_t0_s4.gmt CollTarget=True HATTarget=True
    }

It worked ( i stopped falling through it)

Is this a parser bug ? Ie the Coltarget and Hattarget have to be on the first line ?? I ommited it from first line of all my race surfaces as a test and i fell through all parts of the track.. so it seems to be a bug.. Unless i am missing something .. ie the deformable flag first is overriding other flags ???

Any thoughts ? Bug or teach me something as i am utter noob at this... Either way i got the track working properly.. just seems redundant having to write it twice.. (Albeit it probably just HAS to be on the first line) - parser bug ?

2. Hazi

Hazi Registered

Think it has to be in same line.

3. Jka

Jka Member Staff Member

Something doesn't look right there.

Scn entry of racesurface should look something like this:
    ____________________________________________________________________________
    Instance=RaceSurface_Oval01
    {
    MeshFile=RaceSurface_Oval01.gmt Deformable=True CollTarget=True HATTarget=True
    }
    ____________________________________________________________________________
    These entries should be (afaik) in same line, which might explain this weird behaviour. Is your entries generated by 3ds max gmt exporter or some other application?

Cheers!