Issue with G27 (new to rFactor)

Discussion in 'Hardware Building/Buying/Usage Advice' started by ZW66, Jun 6, 2012.

1. ZW66

ZW66 Registered

Hey guys,

I bought a Logitech G27 about a month ago for iRacing. The wheel arrived with a trial version of rFactor that I decided to install and try today. I searched and found some profile settings before getting started so that I could have a baseline. Well, I installed the game, made the profile, started the game, turned some of the aids off, and went to Toban to turn a few laps. Immediately I noticed something off. Going down pit road, there was no FFB what so ever. Getting to the first turn (right hander) I turn in, the wheel "clicks" and then turns all the way to the left and stays there. It makes the 900 degree turn although the virtual wheel appears to only turn 90 degrees. I've restarted the game multiple times with the same result. I don't want to give up on the sim yet as I've heard good things about it. Plus, I have a few friends doing some league racing with it and I'd love to get in on that. Has anyone had this issue and know of a solution?

My Logitech profiler settings is as follows:
    Overall Effects Strength: 100%
    Spring Effect Strength: 5%
    Damper Effect Strength: 10%
    Enable Centering Spring in Force Feedback Games - 'Checked'
    Centering Spring Strength: 0%
    Degrees of Rotation: 900
    Allow Game to Adjust Settings: 'Unchecked'

-Z

2. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

Hi

Sounds like a calibration issue? have you tried to (re)calibrate the wheel in windows?
    (Start/control panel/appliances or whatever its called in english, and rightclick the wheel for options)

And make sure you dont have anything like a pen/tablet plugged in, that could easily mess things up.

After that i would re-assign your wheel functions in rf/ir, make sure the wheel-rotation is correct and maximum (settings/controls in rf)

Also in rf with my G27 i have AZ Keyboard as preset and not one of the other ones. not sure if that helps but i recall from yesteryear this was the correct setting (for me anyways)
    For ir i forgot :)

There should realy be no issue with rf/ir and the G27 and if your logitech drivers are up to date its just a matter of double-checking. well i asume at least.
    Good luck :)

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 6, 2012
  3. nickbalti

nickbalti Registered

I'll need to confirm but on the overall strength try a minus figure, so instead off 100, try -100

4. ZW66

ZW66 Registered

Thanks for the response.

I have re-calibrated the wheel using the Logitech Profiler. I have also tried all of the presets. The same thing happens no matter what. I just tried tapping the brakes and the wheel turned around left 900 degrees. I'm highly doubtful that the wheel is the issue, though, as I'm not having this problem with iRacing.

I'm not sure what the issue could possibly be, other than it might just be the free trial disc.

5. ZW66

ZW66 Registered

Thanks for the suggestion.

Are you talking about changing the overall strength in the Logitech Profiler? If so, the lowest it goes to is 0.

6. Max Angelo

Max Angelo Registered

No, in game strenght.

Some wheels require reversed forces, so try -100.

About the wheel rotation and its graphical counterpart, edit the line

Steering Wheel Range="540" // Degrees of rotation of in-game steering wheel

in the controller.ini, setting it to the same rotation you are using (900).

7. nickbalti

nickbalti Registered

As Max explains :)

Some cars I had to be 50%, in others such as F1 cars it had to be -50%

I'll install rfactor again later and screenshot it for you :)

8. Max Angelo

Max Angelo Registered

That happens using RealFeel, but in the default ISI FFB, the reverse strenght is related to the steering wheels, not to the cars! :)

9. RacingDreamz

RacingDreamz Registered

I just got a new PC running Windows 7 also. My iRacing is great with the new G27, but with rFactor, it doesnt even see the wheel when I try to calibrate it. In both settings, under Customize and in-game settings(mappings), it doesnt see wheel or pedals. When I try to calibrate pedals, window pops up to override, I press enter and B12 is set. This is the same for all throttle, brake, clutch, gears, wheel, everything. Is is the software for the G27 on Windows &(Ultimate)? I'm stumped.

10. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

Do you have the latest Logitech drivers installed?

11. TechAde

TechAde Registered

Sounds like the H-Shifter is in gear when you're trying to assign the controls in rFactor. You need to make sure the shifter is in neutral when assigning controls, otherwise you effectively have a gear 'button' permanently engaged.

12. flat tappet

flat tappet Registered

Same goes for me....been running iracing for 8 mos with the Logitech G27 package,wheels pedals.manual shifter ....and paddles on the wheel. Everything works perfectly in iracing(after a few adjustments) but i cannot configure rfactor to see the Logitech hardware at all.

If i run the logitech G27 wheel setting in rfactor, the engine starts,stalls with no control. If I set it on the g25 pedal setting, the car charges out of the garage at full throttle and no steering. I didn't buy rfactor to run it off a KB....LOL>

HELP!!

BTW....i have all the latest drivers from Logitech. i even tried setting up a new profile in Logitech that points to the rfactor config file.....no luck.still behaves the same.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 28, 2012
  13. joyjas77

joyjas77 Registered

I seem to be having similar problems in rFactor I've only used it once or twice because of this. Will have another look soon