ISI/S397 cars are they in terms of FFB / physics better than the best modes (globally)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by dadaboomda, Oct 3, 2017.

1. dadaboomda

dadaboomda Registered

I feel that the ISI / studio 397 cars are significantly better in terms of physics / FFB than the cars of the best mods. I only include the FFB and physics aspect.

I ask you for a very simple reason: not having all the eternity to train me, I wish to train only with cars STRICTLY of very high quality to pilot (ffb and physics).

I point out that the more cars type / categorie / date varied, the better.

In this sense the cars of ISI / studio 397 are for me an asset.

If you are not of this opinion, think to give me the mods which according to you are of a maximum quality in terms of FFB and physics.

Thank you.

2. Filip

Filip Registered

Just to name a few that come to my mind that I like (that are not from S397):

Ferrari Challenge 2011
    Formula Ford
    F1 1979 & 1975
    Porsche 917k
    Caterham 7
    EVE Matra F1
    BMW E39 M5
    Fiat Abarth
    MAK CORP Group C

Some of these I would have to check again though. Long time since I drove them

Last edited: Oct 3, 2017
    dylbie likes this.
  3. Skan

Skan Registered

Palatov D4

4. stonec

stonec Registered

The "quality" of FFB comes directly from the physics and tire model. The FFB is not something you plug in when you create a new car, it's a direct consequence of how the tires, suspension and chassis have been constructed. So in that sense the question of "good FFB" is redundant. If the car was built with good physics, then it will have good FFB, as the FFB just translates the forces from the simulated steering arm to your wheel.

I can't really rank cars based on either physics or FFB because I have not driven them in real life. The ones that are released after late 2013 or early 2014 have a new steering system and chassis flex, which makes them more realistic. The once released 2015 or later have CPM (contact patch tire model), which again is an improvement to the physics. That's really all I can say.

Emery, Rastas and SPASKIS like this.
  5. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

GP3 mod

Brack Jabham and Eddy like this.
  6. peterchen

peterchen Registered

Isnt it the case that modders have some influence on FFB through certain settings?
    I really dont know by now, so honest question.
    I know that this was the case in rF1 (which had a totally different FFB coding), dont know if there are still things to tweak in rF2.

7. buddhatree

buddhatree Registered

With all due respect to the modders and their fantastic mods, there's nothing out there that even comes close to ISI/S397 content.

If the OP wants the best the game has to offer, look no further than the official content.

dadaboomda likes this.
  8. stonec

stonec Registered

Yeah from what I remember modders can adjust the overall FFB torque gain in HDV to fine tune the car with regards to clipping. But assuming that they are not completely incompetent, this should be rather straightforward. The rest of the FFB is from my understanding not tweakable and comes directly from the tires, suspension and chassis.

9. dadaboomda

dadaboomda Registered

Thank you all.

Do not forget to say if you think the ISI / S397 car content is overall better than the best mods (ffb / physics only) ;) .

I think I did not make that clear in my first post. Thanks for your feedback.

@stonec: I actually hope that's it, FFBs directly related to physics. On the other hand stonec, for my explanations it seemed to me useful to separate ffb and physics.

10. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

This!

11. Filip

Filip Registered

Correction. It's not E36, it is E39 M5.
    Off topic:
    It is fantastic handling car imo that nobody mentions. Maybe it's illegal conversion, I don't even remember where have I gotten it from. FFB is quite something: tight and springy and I like it alot. But there is some graphical glitch in DX11 (like squarical transparent artifact on the back of the AI cars). Does anybody know who made this car and is there any chance for it to be updated?

dylbie likes this.
  12. dylbie

dylbie Registered

Absolutely no idea who created it, but it will be updated for DX11 soon ;)

Filip likes this.
  13. Christos Segkounas

Christos Segkounas Registered

Renault Megane Trophy II
    Especially under braking the car offers the best FFB I've seen to date.

Bjørn likes this.
  14. Filip

Filip Registered

Isn't that ISI car?