ISI please share tips on good AI

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Kknorpp001, Mar 4, 2013.

1. pitkin

pitkin Registered

Not tried any AIW editing in rF2 yet, but done quite a bit in rF1, GTR2 and Race07. With the current system, if I create a new AIW, can I just share that AIW file or do I need to package it up with the whole track to share?
    I notice the same as you guys, that the AI in some places could be better, although I still think it's a massive improvement on rF1.

2. MarcG

MarcG Registered

package it up unfortunatley, means anyone doing AIW changes will result in various versions of the same track...yes a massive oversight by ISI!
    Best thing to do is contact the original track maker and ask if he would put out an update to his track with your AIW, that way everyone stays on the same page so to speak.

3. jrcn50

jrcn50 Registered

"Best thing to do is contact the original track maker and ask if he would put out an update to his track with your AIW, that way everyone stays on the same page so to speak."

I totally agree with that!!

4. domhnall

domhnall Registered

I'm intrigued why the AI in the Skippy mod are so much more aggressive than some of the other mods such as the modern F2. I find that they block you and try to outbreak you a lot more. Anyone else seeing this? They're great fun to race against so I would like to see this behaviour in all other mods. Is it perhaps related to how the talent files are set up?? The maserati trofeo mod is another where I'm seeing similar 'aggressive' AI behaviour.

5. daynyc

daynyc Registered

I have written several posts urging improved AI. While I am very much enjoying the game, I still find, generally, the AI to be too slow in corners relative to straights on most tracks. Frankly, I consider the AI in several much older games to be superior and believe that good AI will be crucial to the success of rFactor 2. I have modified AI files in other games but am not expert enough to deal with
    MAS file modification. I hope that, preferably, ISI will fix the AI themselves or allow the files to be modified by users in a much simpler manner.