ISI Formula Masters 1.47 + Malaysia = AWESOME

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by BlaringFiddle5, Jun 17, 2013.

1. BlaringFiddle5

BlaringFiddle5 Registered

Have to share it was so much fun!

rFactor 2 build 228 + ISI Formula Masters 1.47 + Malaysia 1.42 full loop.

This weekend I decided to check out the ISI Formula Masters 1.47 at Malaysia. All I can say is AWESOME! It took me some time to develop Qualify and Race setups for the car. I have the AI set to 100% skill and 25% aggression. I am able to qualify mid-pack.

The first thing I noticed in the race was that after turn one I was able to basically drive a lot faster than the AI. I thought boy more AI issues. That wasn't it though. On lap five, I found out that I was overdriving my tires and could no longer stay on track. Had to pit for new tires. I used the tire temp / wear box then so that I could see where I was overdriving. It turns out that on the corners I was way faster than the AI was me overdriving the tires as well :) I ran another race and finished mid pack just as I expected.

Was some nice close racing that was pretty close to the experience in iRacing with human drivers. Well done!

25% aggression is necessary with the AI at least on this car as they kept racing dirty until I turned it down from the default 50%.

EDIT:

Next I'll try Monaco 1966 ... after that Silverstone which should be released in the next two weeks sometime...

Wow - I hope this doesn't make me quit the iRacing Grand Prix Series :) It won't - I do enjoy racing humans as well.

2. jrcn50

jrcn50 Registered

"ISI Formula Masters 1.47 + Malaysia = AWESOME"

+1

IMO, Formula Masters's update is a great success. Thanks.

3. Rony1984

Rony1984 Registered

4. Navigator

Navigator Registered

I believe it :)
    But I haven't had time to try it out and it will nog come for a few weeks...... I'm curious what's different on the FM's 1,47?

5. wgeuze

wgeuze Registered

I still need to improve the setup, the rear feels too loose for my liking with the stock one :)

6. BlaringFiddle5

I'll try to remember to post my setups for Malaysia tonight when I get home from work....

7. BlaringFiddle5

I don't know what is different specifically as there were no release notes (yet) but man the cars are ALOT of fun to drive now! And the AI seems ALOT better (that could be the track tho ... not sure where AI gets it's "smarts" from). With original formula masters I couldn't make it a lap without spinning ...

8. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

How do they compare to the Marussia? Essentially the same now?

9. jrcn50

jrcn50 Registered

Now, IMO, the Formula Masters are better than Marussia (probably because they are easier to drive, for me:D!)

10. BlaringFiddle5

I think it is probably very similar between marussia and Formula masters as far as driving goes. Damn - forgot to post my setup for Malaysia. I'll try to remember again tonight :)

11. GaetanL

GaetanL Registered

A part of 'Read more' about Marussia :
    "The Marussia-Cosworth MR01 has less downforce than many of the top teams. Fast reactions are needed, and for many, finding the limit of the car may be an enormous challenge. It may also be fun!"

F ISI are based on top team... with more downforce ;)

12. Rony1984

Rony1984 Registered

Reading this last few comments made me think and wonder about how ISI value tester input against empirical data when developing its cars. The Marussia must be very much designed according available data, and thus maybe more indifferent to how this then translates into driving feel when running it with a modern moderate ffb device, whereas the F1 2012 might be more designed according the input from test drivers using latter devices and hence make it 'easier' and more fun to drive.

13. BlaringFiddle5

I didn't find either of them EASY to drive ... if anything - the williams on iRacing is "easier" to drive (until you try to exit a low speed corner). I DO find that the setup is easier to do on the new formula masters than either the marussia or the iRacing williams ... i had more FUN racing the AI with the formula master than the marussia but i don't specifically know why that was (possibly that the AI was better on this car or something).

14. wgeuze

wgeuze Registered

I concur, awesome to drive, really controllable as well ! :)

(My race settings were set to 'green' previously, and two degrees more downforce made a whole deal of a difference!)

15. BlaringFiddle5

Setups attached

Ahh - remembering to attach my setups for 1.47 ISI Formula Masters @ Malaysia Full Loop :) I think all the cars are the same so these setups should work on any car.

View attachment 8283
    View attachment 8284

16. RustyM

RustyM Registered

marvelous. very decent on Estoril with the Spain track conditions. put AI on 105% 85% Agg.. Doing 1:17's: really great to feel the tires degrade, or flat spotting too. i definitely have to reduce the brake pressure to like 88, and add some power diff. little more wing and you are flying. So fun and addictive. The "mercedes" looking car definitely handles better, and is faster than the Marussia, which is perfect. :)
    Stupendous.

17. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

They do respond and feel like what I imagine a F1 car feels like and how I see them responding while watching a race.. Much more realistic in my opinion than iRacing's F1 car.