ISI Classic mod team: A request for Classic mod DATA (tech specs) or even drawings

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Christopher Snow, Jan 14, 2012.

1. Christopher Snow

Christopher Snow Registered

Drawings (from which these 3DO's were built) would be ideal...but failing that, any solid dimensional detail could perhaps still help. Front track for example...or distance between the center of the fixed mirrors. Also need how far forward (or back) the drivers eyeview camera viewpoint would be (if set to a seat position of 0,0)

Reason: To give me firm data for configuring the ideal FOV settings for my cockpit rig.

I run a projector (shooting down over my head from would be the modern "T-cam" position in a current Formula car)...and it would help to have even ONE piece of solid dimensional data to work from. Two would be a LOT better (and probably enough).

In my case I can measure...say...something like the "front track width" directly off my projection screen...and if I know the theoretical seat position (viewpoint position of the surface of the front surface (lens) of the eyes themselves [if seat is set to "Up/down/Fore/aft of =0,0" for example]...I can then configure my rig to show me a true lifesize image.

Please note too: This isn't an entirely selfish request, as anyone with ANY screen of any size can also make use of the data.

Without it, my best guess might be to use a Lotus49 (Eve F1C?)...or that Brabham BT20 for reference. So I'm not guessing entirely blindly even now...

...but anything that's quite precise and accurate can only help get it perfect.

Thanks for listening (and for any help, ISI and the rest).

-----------

In a perfect world (and maybe this will eventually be included with the final release) ISI could even provide a "cockpit measuring grid" or reference utility to help us configure things accurately. I often thought about building one myself for rF1, but couldn't get it done (since I have only used "Blender").

Something with a virtual "protractor" on the floor....and perhaps a reference grid of known (or calculated) dimensions, etc. in front of us?

Again...thanks for at least listening....

CS

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 14, 2012