IS this a graphics error or AM I just setting this wronhg? I can't play anyway

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by rickersilva, Sep 27, 2016.

1. rickersilva

rickersilva Registered

Hi, Yesterday I reinstalled rfactor2 after many years of having played it last time and my cockpit view is like this
    View attachment 20868

It looks similar to those simulation rigs you see around, but I hav no rig so I need traditional cockpit view. However, as you see the poition of the cockpt is wrong and the game is unplayable.

My system is kinda old, but other similar games just work, so may be it is an incompatibility with my system which I try to describe belos

Windows 10 pro 64bit (Build 14393)
    English
    Board Asus Maximus Formula
    BIOS date 11/15/07
    Intel core 2 quad Q6600 2.4GHz
    8GB RAM
    Dx12
    AMD Radeon HD 5800 Series 4GB

Any help in making it work would be appreciated.

2. ECAR_Tracks

ECAR_Tracks Registered

Have you cycled the "Insert" key and moved your eyepoint fore/back up/down with the keys you mapped?

3. rickersilva

rickersilva Registered

Yes I have, and also checked all the thing rfactor has told me in this thread https://twitter.com/caycedo/status/780772549617676288

I'm deleting everything and installing it again. and see if it works.

4. Coutie

Coutie Moderator Staff Member

Do you get an error while loading? That's what it looks like if you're missing a gmt or texture.

5. rickersilva

rickersilva Registered

I just solved it. I had to check DPI settings on Windows where at 100%, I don't know why it was changed. Then I had to uninstall rfactor2 and make sure all folders where removed in documents and Program files. Reinstalled it and now it is working.

Sad to say it is highly demanding now and I'm figuring out how to keep fps high. Anythoughts on that?

6. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Your CPU is going to struggle, since a year or more ago the tyre physics are more demanding and you're right on the lower end of the specs. Press Ctrl-C while driving and check the purple bar and graph - if the bar reaches the right edge, or you have multiple lines in the graph, your CPU can't do it.