Is there any way to improve the draw distance?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Frankysco, Jan 18, 2014.

1. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Yeah you misunderstood :)

Why do I need to defend GPL against anything ?

Tim saying he uses it as any sort of guage , terrain, old shaders , static shadows , whatever .........

How could I possibly see that in a negative light ?

1. Thing is all you did was talk about me, I never talked about Tim, you make it judgmental.

2. I asked a reasonable question, for whatever reason you choose to avoid it.

Sorry, yes it was off topic but there was not a lot happening in the thread.
    Tim mentioning GPL and rF2 compare and LOD subject and my thoughts on track difference was the catalyst.
    I do not expect Tim to answer obviously as he is a developer.

I assure you I had no ulterior motive and GPL had nothing to do with the question at hand.

The terrain and map compare between AC / pCARS / rF2 Italy and Belgium was a honest question.

2. Luis Armstrong

Luis Armstrong Banned

test

3. Lazza

Lazza Registered

I don't know; I already said I may have misunderstood (and 'defending GPL' isn't quite what I meant to say... I was running out of time to post lol)

After Tim said this:

You posted:

Which is obviously directed at Tim (and yes, is obviously a joke; I'm not saying otherwise)

Next line in that same post, not quoting anyone else, not saying "To everyone else" or anything, was this:

You had just replied, without quoting anyone, and responded to what Tim said. So I could only assume this was also directed at Tim. So when Tim's just said he thinks Monaco and Italy look ok, at least in comparison to GPL, and then you apparently say, "Tim, why don't you compare Monza and Spa to AC and pCARS?" you seem to be saying rF2 doesn't look as good as those.

Hence I answered by saying he wasn't saying those old tracks looked good in comparison to everything else.

I can see I misunderstood now, but I couldn't see that at the time obviously. And that's because your post wasn't clear. You ask a lot of questions without making it clear who you're asking, and without really giving an opinion of your own. So then someone replies in whatever way they try to interpret your post. You get weird replies because your posts are hard to comprehend.