Is there a new hack-job outlined anywhere to get formula isi car into sdk 798?

Discussion in 'Track Modding' started by Bink, Jul 27, 2014.

1. Bink

Bink Registered

Ok...(updater installed a core 798 that did not work) so.... had to do a "fresh" install of rF2 'lite'.

[presumably called 'lite' because it also dosen't work.... (you have to find their post about replacing the non-working launcher.exe file after install)]

The old (2012) posts & wiki for getting a formula isi car into the sdk don't work either, as the folders, mas files, have different names and (?)...

[The irony here is that I'm just trying to make doof-mode usable long enough to finish coding a reasonable (working) replacement for it.]

Anyone have an updated procedure for installing a formula isi car in sdk 798?

[irritated bink]

2. A13

A13 Registered

Not sure what went wrong for you, but it's working fine on my side.

Just uploading the files for you ;)

3. Bink

Bink Registered

Thanks for the PM and file link, A13.

The original goal of this research was to learn about aiw, and show that non-linear aiw editing in 3dsmax is a viable alternative to the dev-mode method. So, done deal.

After ignoring a year and a half of my aiw questions & posts, it's a fair bet that ISI prefers to have the community do things the dev-mode way: (if it dosen't CTD, your aiw file might work).

On the off chance that this isn't accurate, and ISI wish to post the source to this script as another of their unsupported utilities, they have my email address.

Since ISI own the aiw format, they are probably the only ones that could distribute such a thing to the public anyhow.

A half century ago, I had an idea that I never made the time to work on....... so... yesterday, I got started on that.

take care,
    [the coder formerly known as] bink

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 29, 2014