Is there a group of You who I might fit in with?

Discussion in 'Online Racing Discussion' started by Skan, Aug 1, 2016.

1. Skan

Skan Registered

I will attempt to drive anything and have fun doing it. I do prefer to race actual race cars as opposed to road cars but I will race anything and enjoy doing so as long as I win. I'm joking. Competition is not my top priority in rf2, fun is.

A little bit about me..

• Has driven for years on a computer.
    • I can practice and race between the hours of 3pm - 11pm pacific standard time as long as I know ahead of time what is planned.
    • Has no interest in driving the same track/car for hours.
    • Does not know every real life track but getting closer.
    • Drive with an automatic transmission. Sadly that is looked at as a driving aid and a lot of servers don't allow it. That means I am missing out on fun and potentially a few people to drive with. That also means they are missing out on having an additional driver. More often than not if 2 people of equal skill drive 2 of the same car with 2 different transmissions, the guy with the manual transmission will be doing the faster laps.
    • I would rather lose a race than crash into someone.

Thank You for reading this.
    -Skan

2. Hmatty

Hmatty Registered

f3 fanatics on Saturdays is fun and open to all

3. Emery

Emery Registered

+1 f3 fanatics.

Also the TPG servers currently have events on Wed (BTCC at 9pm our time), Fri (stockcars), Sat (V8 Supercars) nights. They alternate weeks for the events, so apart from this Wed having a BTCC event, I'm not sure when the next ones are.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 2, 2016
  4. Skan

Skan Registered

Thank You for the responses. I appreciate any and all help. I should have clarified. Private groups are what I am interested in. Groups who drive daily. Different cars and tracks per day. Preferably said private group does not force their skins, their versions of a track or cars.

5. Emery

Emery Registered

When it comes to your desired time slot to drive, there really aren't any daily groups in rF2, though you might catch the last hour of a European group at 3pm Pacific time. Weekends are the best you can do unless you open up to scheduled events like TPG & F3 Fanatics. Neither TPG nor F3 Fanatics use their own "branded" versions of tracks & cars, though the Community F3 Eve car package is included at F3 Fanatics. These servers are open to all, so I'm not really sure what you're hoping for when you mention private groups... if you want a passworded server, then it's up to them to invite you.

In other games, Automobilista has a nice surge of drivers around 5pm-8pm Pacific time that often outnumbers the rF2 drivers, but they appear to be on Brazilian passworded servers for the most part. Raceroom Race Experience players rapidly dwindle to rF2 numbers by 8pm or so. Assetto Corsa is likely your best bet for online numbers in this time slot.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 2, 2016
  6. Skan

Skan Registered

Emery You are very thorough in Your help and I appreciate it.

7. Bjørn

Bjørn Registered

! ! ! F3 Fanatics for sure... And ! ! ! scanyanucks could be an alternative :) North american servers both :)

Both are casual and lovely environments.

8. jjcook

jjcook Registered

premier simracing wednesday evening -only once a week not everyday

its summer so its slow , but sr4l has drivers daily just practicing for the next event but as i say its summer not too many around - server tracks and cars are on a 2 week schedule