is it possible to increase opponent volume btcc cars

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Djhandz, Jan 2, 2023.

1. Djhandz

Djhandz Registered

hi guys loving the btcc cars but i can hardly hear them when bumper to bumper or side by side is there any setting i can change to allow me to hear them more. thankyou

Hazi likes this.
  2. AlexHeuskat

AlexHeuskat Registered

There is no more AI sound slider, don't ask me why ? nobody has answered me when I have asked why.

The_Bad_Fasterd and Djhandz like this.
  3. Djhandz

Djhandz Registered

thanks alex..why no AI sound slider?? seems odd.. hopefully it will be implemented

4. RaceNut

RaceNut Registered

For some time, increasing the External Car Volume served that purpose but, it seems to have changed recently (at least in the RC version).

One possible work around (at least with headphones) might be to use a third-party surround enhancement such as Windows Sonic. While not ideal nor recommended by game dev's, I've read reports of improved surround effects related to opponent sounds working more effectively.

I did some testing just yesterday that seems to support that claim in another title but, I suspect there may be some trade-off in terms of other spatial effects being displaced or affected. One example is the in-car engine sound was shifted further to one side but, the opponent car sounds were more prominent when close by. So, it might be worth trying but, keep in mind that there may be some unwanted side-effects. I also believe the results are likely to vary by title as well as other factors.

5. Djhandz

Djhandz Registered

Thanks racenut I have tried this and like you say it has unwanted effects and not really a solution but thanks all the same. Hopefully the devs can bring a apponent slider to the new sound engine. As I feel disconnected
    Sound is just as important as physics and visuals IMHO