Is anyone willing to convert my mods over to RF2?

Discussion in 'Car Modding' started by Spitfire1, Oct 7, 2020.

1. Spitfire1

Spitfire1 Registered

This post is just to gauge the interest in this. If it doesn't receive interest and nobody is willing to help port over i will not post more threads on this forum about my modding endevours on RF1.

On to the point....
    Everything is ready set up. Physics, sounds and 3ds are working perfectly. It just needs porting over for the users of RF2. I want to share my work on the new game. Please pm me if you are the person for the job so i can send all the files over.

Cars i have already come close to finishing:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 8, 2020
    Bostrom, Hazi, Rastas and 1 other person like this.
  2. Javier Sandez

Javier Sandez Registered

Linda coleccion, espero que encuentres a alguien que pueda portarlos.
    Nice collection, I hope you find someone who can carry them.

Hazi likes this.
  3. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

Are all the models "from a friend" ? Although it is probably not an issue here in rF2. BRM is awesome, and a few others as well.

4. Spitfire1

Spitfire1 Registered

I would first of all like to say that my strengths are not at all in 3ds and texturing. I spent all my time on rfactor learning how the physics worked and how to implement the best sound experience possible as well.

Yes all models come from a friend and i reworked the parameters that were "off" and brought them to a higher level using my 10 year experience of modding rfactor 1. Yes i have been modding rfactor since around 2010. I have had to start from scratch many many times and i have learnt alot from my mistakes over the years.

I used this website here to guide me http://yoss.free.fr/rfactornfr/Modding_Tutorial_Website/PhysicsGlossary.shtml

So what i thought i would do just few months back is to go through all the numbers on these fantastic old mods and i found alot had values that were off. Some had really far off and some just a bit. I corrected all(on the cars i have so far) and the cars seemed to come alive after that so i decided i should do this with more cars. I want to make Rfactor 1 mod collection complete. I want all to feel the great cars who are unable to drive them in real life. It is really an experience like no other if you already have a wheel and a shifter and all the pedals.

So to recap my end goal is to have all hyper realistic mods for rfactor 1 and people are free to use my work and port them over to rfactor 2 to use as base. I would be happy to share it if people like it.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2020
    Bostrom and Javier Sandez like this.
  5. Chabba Ranks

Chabba Ranks Registered

If you post your 1993 McLaren F1 (road car I assume?) work on the race department forum, I am sure somebody will convert it to rf2 before too long. Post it on both rf1 and rf2 forums and explain what might be required. That is one car I have not come across in rfactor. I would be intrigued to see how it goes in rf1 at least.

6. Spitfire1

Spitfire1 Registered

Do it for me and i will take care of the rest.

7. Chabba Ranks

Chabba Ranks Registered