Iracing in 2019

Discussion in 'Other Games' started by Alcolo, Oct 8, 2018.

1. williang83

williang83 Registered

No doubt is far from perfect, the system should punish way more in my opinion at least anything beyond class C, probably they don't do it due to marketing reasons. That being said it is something that until today no one else offer. I'm sorry for you but i don't experience that many bad races, it happens once in a while but still nothing unacceptable, actually pretty rare for me. Anyway, i don't see how 66 bucks can be much if you have a job, c'mon that's basically one night out budget, specially when you consider that the hw running it cost like 4000+. It is like having a supercar but complaining about gas cost.

2. williang83

williang83 Registered

To add another piece of information, there will always be someone who will simply attempt to perform gamey overtakes/defense no matter how restrictive the rating system can be, this is a game after all. I see that my as responsibility to read the player, I cannot simply expect the others to be fully reliable. If i'm behind, faster and i recognize one of those players then i'll put pressure on him and wait for a mistake to overtake and leave him behind with a safe distance. If i'm in front and i see that it would not play clean, then i simply don't offer too much resistance, they will crash themselves out anyway in the near future, so i let him pass.

3. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

The argument that 66 bucks isn't much if you have a job is pretty much the worst argument that you can come up with. FYI, I have a part time job next to being a student, so I am certainly not poor (actually I count as threatened by poverty according to my countries statistics :D), but I decide carefully where and how I spent my money as sim racing is just one of many hobbies. For another guy living in one of my neigbouring countries, especialy the further you go east, the relation might be even more extreme as wage levels might get lower and lower. So what seems cheap to you or me, can be very expensive for someone else. The 66 Euro is just the one year online fee for some mediocre content that wouldn't get anyone hyped if it was offered as a sim on it's own.

Regarding racecraft (poor and bad) and responsibility: I have see so many incidents with people not even being able to drive in a straight line in iRacing, that I don't buy the "It's your responsibility"-argument. I don't expect them to be fully reliable, but I atleast expect them to be able to know some basics. And from what I have seen, the iRacers aren't anything special in that reagrd.

4. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

I paid 65 for rfactor2 at the beginning of 2013, if it were "iracing", only in membership would we be talking about € 455
    better not to talk about paid content, it's a joke for me ... I only complain when there are people here who complain about paying a dlc.but yes, then they talk about "iracing".
    Then there are those who believe that paying is the best!.
    I prefer to run in communities, where drivers respect each other infinitely more, each person must go wherever they want, but it is fun to have a post in the forum of rfactor talking about iracing.:cool: