Invulnerability-AI setting?

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by RKing, Jul 3, 2017.

1. RKing

RKing Registered

Greeting!
    When offline racing or practice, I can't seem to set the AI behavior properly. No matter what I try, the AI's do not try to pass me, they actually just run right through me. (I forgot to mention that I have been away from sim racing for 5 years rehabilitating my left arm, so I am new to RF2). I am basically re-learning to drive again.

I still use RF1 so I set it to Invulnerability mode until I have learned the car and track. In RF2 the Invulnerability mode seems to have no effect. Well, it does prevent damage, but once hit by an AI, the car will smoke, get hot, and FFB goes crazy with tire shake. I understand that if I run off track into grass or dirt there should be an effect temporarily and should wear off but doesn't. I do need a new FFB wheel, but it continues to shake until I go into the pits and change tires.

I don't mean my post to be negative, I would like to know what I am doing wrong and what the limitations are. As I improve, hopefully this will not be an issue. It's frustrating to have to re-learn after driving sims for 30 years.

Cheers!
    EDIT:
    P.S. Maybe I need to find a group for online racing that would have the patience while I re-learn. :)

Last edited: Jul 3, 2017
  2. Emery

Emery Registered

Tire shake is due to flatspotting your tires due to spin or locked braking. Turn off tire wear to avoid the effect.

Which cars/tracks are the AI running over you? Is it in the braking zone?

3. RKing

RKing Registered

Thanks for your response.
    Various tracks and cars...so I loaded the ISI F1 car and Mills for testing. As I said, it's frustrating to re-learn. Anyway I am slow right now and through chicanes or corners mainly I am slower than the AI cars and they will not pass, simply run into me. BTW, I'm not that slow. My laps time are about 5 sometimes 10 seconds off from where I was 5 years ago.

4. peterchen

peterchen Registered

Maybe I would use another car o learn,- something other than a F1 which is one of the fastest and trickyest cars around...:confused:
    What agression-level you set the AI?

5. bravotangosix

bravotangosix Registered

Some great tips on setting up for an AI race -

6. RKing

RKing Registered

Thank you for your responses!
    I guess I wasn't clear, I used F1 as example, but happen with trainer cars too. However, I overlooked track settings for tire wear etc. Thank you!
    @bravotangosix: Thank you...I will take a look.

7. RKing

RKing Registered

Wanted to let you know that all of your suggestions helped tremendously...thank you!
    The video was very helpful. The field is spread out more consistently.
    Cheers!

bravotangosix likes this.