"Invalid server details" from a local server over internet

Discussion in 'Hosting Help' started by Snaeffel, Feb 5, 2022.

1. Snaeffel

Snaeffel Registered

Hello !

I sat up a dedicated server at home (on a dedicated machine), my gaming PC is in the same home network, both behind my provider router.
    My server shows up in the list, and mates can join it over internet, without problems. Perfect.

But for me, from my gaming PC, i get "Invalid server details" error message.

So for troubleshoot I changed http port in Multiplayer.JSON to use it as LAN server ("HTTP Server Port":27013), server shows up in LAN section > downloads content and joins successfully. Success for the LAN !

After that, reverting to original port (64297), i was able to join in the server (same mod). Great success !

But i made another mod with different car/track, and i still can't join, same error : "Invalid server details".

I suspect my gaming PC is unable to download content over internet on this specific server (wich is on my local network). Works well with another random servers.

Are there specific settings on the client to reach a machine wich is in the same network ?

Thank you.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2022
  2. Snaeffel

Snaeffel Registered

Update : I tried to joint with my gaming PC connected to a VPN : works like a charm.

Seems i have an issue with wan IP.