Installing Mods Please Help

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by samcar304, May 6, 2013.

1. samcar304

samcar304 Registered

Hi i have recently bought Rfactor 2 and after playing around with the cars and tracks in it i decided to mod some more in i followed the tutorials but when i place something in the packages folder and then i load up mod manager it says there is nothing in the packages folder (and i am using default paths) so if anyone can help me with this problem that would be great.

2. kaptainkremmen

kaptainkremmen Registered

I have only had this once and reassigning the path to the packages folder fixed it for me.

3. samcar304

samcar304 Registered

Hmmmm.... that didnt work i dont know why i am having this problem

4. samcar304

samcar304 Registered

Is there anyone who can help me this problem is increasingly annoying and thinking about refunding the game over as i got it to play and race a diverse set of open wheel cars and some circuits i didnt know.

I really dont know why but can someone please help.

5. MJP

MJP Registered

How have you installed the game, did you go with the default installer suggestions, i.e. 'Core' files in Program Files and 'Data and Settings' in Users folder?

A little bug seems to have crept into the B198 installers in which folders which are only supposed to be in the 'Data and Settings' path are duplicated in the 'Core' path too. So basically you get two Installed, Manifests, Packages, Support, Updates and UserData folders. So it could be possible you have mod manager pointing to the other 'Packages' folder.

Assuming you have gone with the default installer locations then you'll have one packages folder in C:\Program Files (x86)\rFactor2 and the other in C:\Users\your username\Documents\rFactor2.

6. samcar304

samcar304 Registered

Thank you SOOO MUCH!
    it worked perfectly.
    Thank you for you quick response and the fix.

7. samcar304

samcar304 Registered

Just tried installing other cars and theyre not coming up as in there in the folder everything is the same i cant believe its done it again :/

8. maxinator

maxinator Registered

I am having this exact issue. Default install. I see the dups you are talking about. I've placed two RFMOD files in the ProgramFiles(x83) packages folder, the User packages folder and a new folder created by me at the root of C:. I've manully pointed to the installer to look in all three locations. Close the software, restarted it, refreshed, clicked on the view options. Nothing. It's not seeing either file no matter what the location. Quite frustrating.

9. maxinator

maxinator Registered

OK....nix that. RFCMP files installjust fine. But RFMOD files are not visible at all. So it's something with the installer not seeing RFMOD files.

10. samcar304

samcar304 Registered

Im getting quite frustrated now i cant even install RFCMP files i manged to install formula 2 and thats it it just stopped after that? its so annoying.