Installer bug still here

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by Pluginz, Jan 6, 2013.

1. Pluginz

Pluginz Registered

I noticed this on previous versions of rF2 back in June but its still here. I think this is causing confusion for new rF2 users who are not too sure where the files are supposed to go when installing for the first time.

If you do a full install with the rF2 wizard, select the next, next, next options, then go 'back', just so you can check a few things. Then do 'next' again, the installer still gets confused where to put the 'Core' data and so dumps it in to your 'my documents' with your packages data, instead of the Program files. Therefore absolutely nothing is installed in C:program Files.

Ive noticed a lot of people seem to have the 'core' files installed in the wrong place, by accident of course. The installer is causing the error if you select back, then next again.

Is this something that is being looked at?

Thanks very much :)

2. SLuisHamilton

SLuisHamilton Banned

hmmm maybe i´m having this kind of problem. I don´t know if is it possible to corrupt the installer but always i get this error now:
    View attachment 5579

3. Abriel Nei

Abriel Nei Registered

4. SLuisHamilton

SLuisHamilton Banned

My problems was caused for system failure (*.dlls, drivers, bios...). Almost solved.

5. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Reported.