Installed update do to show up in sim

Discussion in 'Component and Mod Packaging' started by Jka, Jun 25, 2012.

1. Jka

Jka Member Staff Member

I've made update to the original track component, from version 0.5 to 0.53.

I've made "TrackName_updateV053.mas" mas, which contains all updated and added gmt's and maps.

As all three layouts of this tracks have new scn - file, I made three layout masses "TrackName_Full.mas", "TrackName_Oval.mas" and "TrackName_Club.mas".

Also, I have some new animations so I made "TrackName_ANIMs.mas" file.

Then I packed things up with Component Packager, including all of these new MASses, defined new version number 0.53, ticked "Update from" box and gave "from" version number 0.5 (which is original base component version). Component Packager packed and installed track without any errors.

I copied new update component to rF2 data\Packages folder, fire up Mod Manager and installed update, again without any errors, and version number updated to "0.53".

Before I fire up Single Player mode, I checked Installed\Locations\TrackName\ - folder, which contained "0.53" folder with correct MASses.

In single player mode, track selection spinner (and list version too) showed all three layouts twice. I check out all doubled layouts, (which loaded up fine, btw) but no updates have taken effect on track. All layouts scenery remains in version 0.5.

Can anyone say what I've been doing wrong..? Or do we have a bug..?

Cheers!

2. Kalanur

Kalanur Registered

It's a bug in Build 90. I've read it somewhere already and provide you with a link if I find it again :)

Edit: My bad, sorry. The thread I was talking about is actually yours about duplicate layouts but that is not your problem here. Have you tried to use 0.6 as version number instead of 0.53? Maybe that could help.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 25, 2012
  3. Jka

Jka Member Staff Member

Ah, ok, thanks. :)

I won't bang my head to the wall anymore with update, but release full component instead until this is fixed.

Cheers!

4. Jka

Jka Member Staff Member

It doesn't matter if version is 0.51 or 0.6 unless it differs from original component and it is specified correctly in Component Manager before packaging.

I think I'm probably doing everything correctly (if ISI's Packaging Tutorial information is valid), but some reason it doesn't work.

Cheers!