Install Wizard Problem- 'Back' button causing Custom Location Issues

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by Crusin_XT, Jan 13, 2012.

1. Crusin_XT

Crusin_XT Registered

Hi ISI,

I have the RF2 beta and i am about to install it.
    I just wanted to highlight an issue that I found. I search through the forums and only found one or two threads with a similar, but still totally different issue.
    However upon reading this thread, perhaps the issue stems from the same problem with the Install Wizard..... http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.p...in-only-one-location?highlight=install+wizard

The issue that I found is:
    when installing, I left the Core Data files to go into the default location C:\Program Files (x86)\rFactor2

Then I wanted to choose a Custom location for the Data Files of C:\Users\Anthony\Downloads\rFactor2

The issue is that after selecting the custom location for the Data Files, I just happened to click the 'back' button at the bottom to double-check the Core Data location, and it had duplicated itself to the Data Files location. C:\Users\Anthony\Downloads\rFactor2

Of course I will just install the game with the default locations now anyway, but I have read how installing the Core Files and Data Files in the same folder causes issue, therefore thought I should highlight this problem so that it doesn't cause even more problems.

Cheers
    Anthony.

System:
    Core i7 930
    6gb DDR3 triple channel
    dual 1tb HDD in RAID (redundancy)
    ATI HD5830