Inside Sim Racing Interview With Tim Wheatley Coming

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by William David Marsh, Sep 11, 2014.

1. Rich Goodwin

Rich Goodwin Registered

I am currently high on many different cough syrups and cold/flu tablet things and probably understanding this wrong........but that reads to me like we could get a 2015 spec F1 car?

2. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

Although I am very tired, I am not on cough syrup or flu meds... And I read that the same way you do. ;)
    I'm thinking maybe we will get something like FISI, only in 2015 spec??

3. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

I'd prefer 2016 if rumors are to be believed :D.

Also, Reiza may be working on Suzuka (Mie Circuit I shall deem it)... Tim, go chat with the nice chaps and see if Alex's awesome work can be borrowed later ;).

View attachment 15802

4. Alejandro1

Alejandro1 Registered

Autosport said today that its not going to happen until 2017.
    Ferrari proposed this thing until then:
    http://globoesporte.globo.com/motor...arro-com-visual-futurista-para-formula-1.html

Given the quality/huge fun factor of the current content, I would pay for DLC any day if that would make things happen faster.

5. Associat0r

Associat0r Registered

Are there some late 80's, early 90's F1, Group-C cars and modern LMP1 cars planned. Also what about support for active suspension.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 18, 2015
  6. Nimugp

Nimugp Registered

I know that Tim has mentioned sometime way back, that he had licenced F1 cars from ..... either every decade, or most important changes to the cars ..... And I do seem to remember Senna's Tolemann was mentioned, but I can be mistaken about that.

EDIT :: I did find SOME info, that is almost 2 years old :p

source: rfactor.net

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 17, 2015
  7. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Ya, I remember different decade F1 cars being mentioned years ago. Then, later, the different-decade indycar announcements as well.

This must be tough on ISI because - yes the physics/gfx/overall-game-engine guys are separate from car/track creators, but the car/track creators are probably quite busy with all sorts of current-content updates (continual tyre and overall physics engine updates [eg. the new Skippy, new Clio], track updates [eg. LRP 2.0], etc.). So apart from having the content guys work on new cars/tracks, ISI must somehow balance that with all sorts of current content updates and that must make it VERY difficult to fully focus on pushing brand-new content out the door because there's always current content that everyone is asking updates or just generally needs updating to reach the current RF2 standard. For eg. ppl are asking for the full line of classic open wheelers to be updated - that's 7 different cars + some variations just right there.

In short, as the entire game-engine (gfx, physics, features, sound, everything) get's continuously updated, most or all of the current content needs continual updating to meet the ever-raising game-standards that the continuous game-engine updates keep raising, and that must make it extremely difficult to create & push-out completely brand-new content.

In a way, they're (ISI) stuck between a rock and a hard place. The more game-engine updates, the more current-content needs updating, the more time spent on current-content updates the less time spent on brand-new content, the more time spent on brand-new content the less time spent on current-content updates, the more brand-new content gets released the more current-content there'll eventually be to update, and so on.

Everyone @ ISI deserves a shout-out for all this continued work from them on all fronts (game-engine updates, current-content updates, brand-new content). The game has no subscription fee (one time $85, that's it), does not charge for DLC packs, does not charge per car, and does not charge per track. The ISI guys deserve some sort of major simracing award for that - I mean that literally. Some sort of big mainstream-media videogame site should commend them on that and make a big article about it as a big thank you to ISI and to show all sorts of developers just how much ISI commit themselves to our beloved racing sim while not asking us for a penny more.

ISI deserve much, MUCH more.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 18, 2015
  8. Minibull

Minibull Member

^It was said by Tim (I think) that things are worked on and switched between. There was an example of person working on car A, suddenly they are at a wall, waiting for data, waiting for other things to be sorted, and then they will then switch to car B, to stay productive. It would make sense I guess that the updates to old content are done in the "spare" time. Or maybe now, awaiting the rules and stuff for the stock cars, the car guys are working on the old cars as their main job, before starting new things.

9. Adrian

Adrian Registered

I just want to know what happened to that awesome GT500 GTR we saw ages ago :D

10. Nitrometh

Nitrometh Registered

This + is there any chance to get a a less vram eating graphic code?

11. peterchen

peterchen Registered

No. Woher?

12. Nitrometh

Nitrometh Registered

Maybe in future:)

13. peterchen

peterchen Registered

No.
    Wether in future nore in present!
    It´s symply not possible due to things (triangles---->objects) wont be less!
    Deal with it and buy another bunch of RAM!

14. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Turn settings down, or upgrade.

15. Nitrometh

Nitrometh Registered

I deal with it. Spent about 1200 bucks for a new pc when the first builds came out....that's enough

16. stonec

stonec Registered

If your GPU has 2 GB VRAM you can run 99% of rF2 tracks on max details (Nordschleife uses 1.9 GB VRAM on max settings, single screen).

17. Nitrometh

Nitrometh Registered

All in all I'm happy with rf2 ;)