Ingame Name

Discussion in 'Wish Lists' started by kkacper, Oct 16, 2012.

1. kkacper

kkacper Registered

Hi
    I just wanted to say I wish there was a button in the menu allowing for racing just under the full name and not with the nickname, even on the servers where they allow nicknames? Just for people like me, who just prefer to race under their full name all the time, while on the servers that only allow full names it should stay that way for the ( Racing under full name with people with nicknames around you is fine IMO , but when a league prefers/requires people to drive under the real name and someone turns up with a nickname it just looks weird I think). IMHO it would keep people happy as people racing under nicknames would still be using those on the servers that have it allowed while some people would be able to race their full name everywhere, if they prefer that option.

2. Luc Van Camp

Luc Van Camp Track Team Staff Member

Just condensing your post for future reference, the way I see it, as I had to read it several times:

A user profile contains a 'full name' and a 'nickname'.

Allow the user to set a preference in the PLR or in the lobby.
    Allow the server to force full name (and/or nickname?).

That way, the player name would always be displayed the way he prefers, unless the server explicitly forces the setting.

I like that idea of letting the user decide when the server doesn't care :) .

3. kkacper

kkacper Registered

Yes, I was specifically thinking of the servers that "don't care", which I think is usually when nicknames are set up. IMHO nicknames always seem a little more "casual" and it wouldn't make a massive difference if someone raced under a full name, while racing with a grid of full names looks more "real" and seeing that single nickname would just look out of place I think.

4. gpfan

gpfan Registered