SOLVED Indy Car Rain Light On

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by SteveMack, Aug 30, 2023.

1. SteveMack

SteveMack Registered

Hi,
    I am running the Dallara IR18 cars and I am the only one with the rain light on, it isn't raining
    and I can't find anywhere to turn it off, is it a button or key, I am going back to check my control
    settings, I forgot to check them all my bad, I will put solved if that is what it is for future reference.
    thanks
    Steve
    I still can't find it!

Last edited: Aug 30, 2023
  2. Goanna

Goanna Registered

Where are you seeing it on, it comes on automatically when pit lane speed limiter is engaged,so if you're seeing it in pit lane(with limiter engaged) then that's normal. There isn't a key binding to turn it off/on.

3. SteveMack

SteveMack Registered

I am racing in practice and it is on, I will get a screen shot, limiter is not on, I manually turn off limiter on my wheel.

4. SteveMack

SteveMack Registered

Ok the first time it happened I was at new hampshire and I was the only one with it on when running practice.
    I tried it again and now it was not on.
    I had SCRIPTED weather on.
    I next changed weather to RAINY and mine and all the cars had the rain light on.
    So I am thinking it is something to do with SCRIPTED weather.
    I definitely didn't have the limiter on running practice.

5. DiggerHawk

DiggerHawk Registered

One thing I have noticed is that on watching replays your car will have the rain light on if you left the pitlane speed limiter on before exiting the track back to the session menu. It is as if the replay doesn't save what state the rain light should be at any particular point, just what it was last set as.

This is not necessarily related to the issue in the first post, but it does support there are issues with the rain light coding.