Increase torque and power (Boxmaster)

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by dadaboomda, Dec 14, 2017.

1. dadaboomda

dadaboomda Registered

Hi guys.

I want to use in better conditions the "Boxmaster" of ISI.

The torque / power is really very insufficient to take enough speed and so both take pleasure and reach a speed to really have an interesting steering.

In particular, this van is really interesting to drive when it is * loaded * (option in the garage).

There is a basic engine and an "upgrade" to have a more torquey and more powerful engine. The upgrade does not achieve the desired acceleration, even without loading.

I do not know anything about it. However, I opened a .Mas containing Engine.INI and upgrade.INI files (or a name like that). I have a look at the Engine.INI file but I do not know what values to change, or what these values are, and what is the actual impact in case of changes.

So I looked at the other file, I think it's called upgrade.INI or something like that: it looks simple, the file refers to the base engine and there are 2 associated values that correspond to the coefficient of increase of torque and power for the upgrade : I tried to increase these two values. But once the file is edited, the original file replaced by it in the .Mas file, the saved .Mas file, here is what happens:

Start RF2, list of cars ... no Boxmaster !!!!

Thank you.

2. Lukas Lichten

Lukas Lichten Registered

The reason you do not see any boxmaster in game is that the signature of the mas file (that contains the engine.ini and upgrade.ini) now does not match the signature that is defined in the ISI_Boxmaster_2015.mft file. Now this is per design, to avoid conflict with different versions when playing multiplayer.
    The best idea is to re-package the mod yourself. This is done through the mas.exe programm, similar to how race event are created. You just select all the Boxmaster mas files (with your edits in the ones you wanted to edited, the other ones stock). At the end you have a installable rfcmp file.

And if you give it more power, maybe consider lengthening the gear ratios.

3. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

I already made a powered version of ISI Boxmaster for an event in Lienz last Christmas. The car update is included in the vmod so you will need the track s week to be able to install it.
    https://mega.nz/#!zk1AUArQ!JhxDkioHMxtE6EH1GdwmVRhDOWZ9eKBKJx1yZrxrjP0

Notice that it is very easy to wheelspin. I think it is wheel spin but it could also be clutchspin. I had to mess with clutch and Baulk Torque so I might have nit configured them very good.

4. dadaboomda

dadaboomda Registered

Thank you but I did it !

I estimate to have 2400 hp and 5000 nm of torque ...... I thought to change the two values of clutch torque. It's OK. But I have to see the gears again. Far too short and not enough top speed.

@SPASKIS do you have any other modified cars please (only ISI or S397). Thank's

5. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

We also made an event in Brianza with a modified Nissan GT. I think however that the version of the car has changed since then to sit to DX11.

I will have to check at home since links are dead.