increase the number of polys from an orginal gmt import

Discussion in 'Track Modding' started by Banger, May 5, 2013.

1. Banger

Banger Registered

i just started using max and getting flusted, trying to convert RF1 gmt from btb. has BTB only uses Standard 4 poly widths.i like to increase the number of polys widths across the track to at least 12.so racesurface will work like it should.

orginal btb file:

How to increase them tutorial :)

2. Banger

Banger Registered

solved in btb , with the materials/nodes editor .added nodes across track with CTRL+left mouse .:)

3. Mario Morais

Mario Morais Registered

Add two surface sections in turns and reduce panel length 2 m. Then you get a smooth turns.

View attachment 7570

4. Banger

Banger Registered

thanks mario, i do have a question thou, in the middle of my screen there a field of Wheat/grass what ever it is.anyway would you thing it be possible to use the fur/hair module in max, or would you thing that might effected the fps in rfactor2. i thinking of a little bit of animation on the field also 5 frames just to give grass a sway affected. (thinking out of the box here).it not in the picture yet! i've not got that far.:)

5. Mario Morais

Mario Morais Registered

I've never done anything like it. But I think it will lose a few fps. ;)

6. Banger

Banger Registered

ok i go the old way with a few textures animations. i think it might be a bit on the big side for fur.the tracks is 3.005 meters and there nothing but a field of grass/wheat in the middle :)