Incorrect camera focus for screenshot

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Andrea Dalla Valle, Jun 26, 2021.

1. Andrea Dalla Valle

Andrea Dalla Valle Registered

Hello everyone! I have a problem when I try to take close-up screenshots of my car. When I zoom in with the camera on the car the car goes out of focus and everything becomes blurry. is it possible to correct this problem somehow? thanks in advance for the help

Attached Files:

Raintyre likes this.
  2. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

If you have a higher setting with Post Processing and that was focused on another car, a free camera close up of this trailing car would look like this. But that is assuming you have another car that should be in view to create this depth of field for a trailing vehicle.

3. green serpent

green serpent Registered

AFAIK the focusing is not dynamic. If you move closer to an object or zoom in, it will not readjust the focus, the focal plane will simply move past the object. Please someone correct me if I'm wrong because I would also like to know if this can be solved.

The work around would be to turn post effects off, but then eveything will be in focus and you won't have the shallow depth of field effect.

4. Andrea Dalla Valle

Andrea Dalla Valle Registered

The screenshot was taken in a lone practice without any AI cars (I have all settings at max). I saw that this problem comes out when the car is far away from the camera and you need to move foreward to have a nice and big image.
    I saw a video on YT where he change the focus just moving the camera a little bit and he use the zoom keys to modifie the focus.

The video is this one (from min 48:50):

Raven80 likes this.