Inconsitent data in veh files

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by DanRZ, Mar 8, 2023.

1. DanRZ

DanRZ Registered

Hello, i have made some mods from official cars and i notiiced there is some "inconsistencies" in data.

It's : description, carType and category of cars (Some are found in veh files and are "overloadable").

Description can be "Ligier JS P320" and "Norma M30 LMP3" ... Why add LMP3 on the Ligier ?
    Same thing appears on CarType ... Same goes for BTCC on some models too.
    If there is a class data, why add the class in description ?

And today, all the GT3 start on Category GT3, which is great imo, but not the other cars.
    GTE, LMP3, LMP2 and other should be also categorized like that or maybe add some options to "activate" those real categories in UI menu. Fix it to 3 values, class, brand, car and only show last two if there is 3 data splitted in Category.

All those unexplicit rules are sometimes badly used by modders who can set their description to "#01 IMSA 2023 ..." without even adding the description of the car itself.

If we create some plugins based on those data, those inconsistencies can ruin its functions and make us force to make packages and modify all veh files to garanty consistent data on cars.

Also, a simple "Create skin" and modified data can ruin the rules we have made, setting the description to another value. Even not allowing skin upload doesn't disable that. People can still rename the description of their car freely.

No real problem with all of that, just noticing but i think there is room for improvements and wanted to share it.

;)

Danny Wilde, Seven Smiles and Hazi like this.