In Need of Stock Car Tire.

Discussion in 'Car Modding' started by Kristoff Rand, Feb 4, 2012.

1. Kristoff Rand

Kristoff Rand Registered

In Need of Stock Car Tire. Will Pay for Tire.

We are in need of a stock car tire. I built the tire model, I have the textures... just stuck at creating a base tgm file and the tbc.

like I said all I need is a stock car slick. and as far compounds I only need dry as Nascar doesn't race in the rain.

if someone were to build this tire for me it would be greatly appreciated and credit would be given in the component and mod when completed.

contact me here or through pm to get details.

thanks.

we will entertain bids to build a Nascar Style Goodyear Eagle Racing Tire.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 9, 2012
  2. Kristoff Rand

Kristoff Rand Registered

thought I would add the tire.gmt I made so that work would be done... if someone has an idea as to how to make the base TGM and TBC I would give it a go...

Goodyear Eagle Racing Tire
    28x12x15
    cold air pressure 30psi left/45 psi right
    weight 24lbs
    thread thickness 1/8"

On a typical race weekend, a Cup Series team will use between nine and 14 sets of tires depending upon the length of the race and type of track. By comparison, an average set of street tires gets replaced approximately every three years.

Racing tire specifications also differ from race to race depending upon the degree of track banking and type of racing surface (asphalt, concrete, or mixture of both).

Goodyear uses about 18 different types of tires to cover the needs of teams during the course of a racing season.

RACE TIRE SAFETY

Like a "tire-within-a-tire," the Goodyear Lifeguard Inner Liner Safety Spare allows the car to return to the pits in the event of a flat.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 6, 2012
  3. patryksok.

patryksok. Registered

You should buy each of this 18(or at least 1 :) ) type of tires, 3d lasser scan this tire, cut them in "half" to see how many ply layers are there, what is ply angle etc. How the tire is build. Then you have investigate materials characteristics in tire, stiffnes etc :p Or better put tire on Tire Test Rig :) Tire modelling in rF2 is very complicated, and if ISI dont do a full BOOK about tire modelling and how to transfer real world data to rF2, then I think for the first really good tires we should wait untill late 2012 or even mid 2013 :p

4. Kristoff Rand

Kristoff Rand Registered

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 14, 2012
  5. Kristoff Rand

Kristoff Rand Registered

6. mianiak

mianiak Registered

Your already half way there. You just need a grid and size it up to real life so you can measure the areas. Infact I reckon you could draw a spline on that in 3dmax and get the dimensions that way.

I'm interested in how that would turn out, give me some time and I will see if I can bang something up.

7. Kristoff Rand

Kristoff Rand Registered

that is a spline drawing... I just took a screenshot. I can provide the dwg file. or dxf

8. mianiak

mianiak Registered

9. Kristoff Rand

Kristoff Rand Registered

no I think that is the stockcar tire, for lower brackets... I think they call it the #1 Goodyear Eagle. I could be wrong though... looks like the size on that one is slightly smaller.

10. Kristoff Rand

Kristoff Rand Registered

I don't believe that the Nascar tire is available for purchase.

11. Johannes Rojola

Johannes Rojola Registered

Ask Phil Parsons, he will do everything for money.

12. Kristoff Rand

Kristoff Rand Registered

13. Kristoff Rand

Kristoff Rand Registered

you went old school on that one...

14. patryksok.

patryksok. Registered

Sometime ago(~5months) I was looking infos about NASCAR tire, and I cant found anything useful. Dont look in official promo materials on official tire manufactuer sites, you dont find anything about specific tire model :) Kristoff you found anything about number of plies in tire and materials used? You have 3D model of tire, I mean 3d model for 3dsmax?