In game settings for Direct drive wheel

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Angel, Aug 10, 2017.

1. Angel

Angel Registered

Can someone help me with In game settings for Direct drive wheel . For the life of me I can't get the wheel to feel right.
    1-Wheel rotation in game does not match real wheel.
    2-Wheel feels dead at center and FFB kicks in when turning into curves (json fileis set to -10000)
    3-wheel pulls left/right on straights

2. Stefan Kanitz

Stefan Kanitz Registered

1) Then your wheel rotation degrees (at Windows or in the profiler) and the ingame one doesn't match.
    2 and 3) Does sound like inverted FFB. Try to find something like "Invert FFB" and remove or assign it. Depends on what's currently assigned.

3. Feralarri

Feralarri Registered

What sort of wheel is it? OSW or Accuforce, etc. if you have OSW what is your Nm rating of your wheel ? Also what MMOS settings do you run? Without this info it's s bit hard to diagnose

4. Angel

Angel Registered

Thank you for responding . OSW Direct Drive 20 NM . MMOS settings are with in the R factor 2 MMOs settings which I copied from this forum site. I just need a general in game set up for these game before I put a stick of dynamite on my PC and blow it to high hell ! Just kidding!

5. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

6. Feralarri

Feralarri Registered

This may help. I have my wheel set to 15Nm in Granity. I have attached my MMOS settings and ingame settings. I enter the game and find the default wheel setting listed on the Garage/Controls page( see pic below). Make sure Vehicle set is ticked. I then set this rotation in MMOS. This should match the ingame and DD wheel. This gives the best feel IMO. I run no Smoothing or FFB min torque in game as can be seen on SShot. i then just adjust "Car-Specific FFB MULT" to my personal preference. This is usually 1.0 to 0.7 depending on the mod.

-10000 is the correct value in controller.json for OSW. Have attached my contoller.json file as a text doc for comparison

Hope this helps

PS what mod were you using to get this dead feel?

Attached Files:

Elcid43 likes this.