In-game Select or Drag & Drop UI for Offline racing

Discussion in 'Wish Lists' started by MarcG, Jun 9, 2012.

1. MarcG

MarcG Registered

OK after playing with vmods for a bit and seeing how easy they are to create etc I'm still in the frame of mind that its hassle to do when you simply want to "Load up and Race!". Sure it may take just 30seconds to do but its 30seconds every time you want race a mod on a new track or race an older mod you hav'nt raced for a while on some other random track etc etc.
    For the more casual racer it just seems like too much faffing about and I can see them quitting altogether, remember not everyone is obsessed with Online racing and/or in Leagues, some people get very little time to race so they wanna jump in and go.....so therefore:

Could the UI not be enhanced to include a sort of Select or Drag & Drop system?
    By that I mean:
    Select
    - Load the game
    - Go to a "Create Offline Mod" screen or something
    - Select the Mod/s you want to race
    - Then go to a Track selection screen and select the Track/s
    - Click "Finish" which automatically installs and selects the new vmod
    - Go Race

Drag & Drop
    - Load the game
    - Go to a "Create Offline Mod" screen or something
    - Next screen displays a list on the far left of all installed Mods, Middle list contains all the tracks, you Drag & Drop into a window pane on the far right which has an 'Install' button below for when you're ready to Race.
    - Go Race

Sure its not much different to the current way of doing it but you have it there in front of you in one program, keeping in mind those with precious little time who may think "I cant be bothered to load up the MAS tool to race, I wanna do it quicker"

Of course, for me, the best option is simply to get Offline Racing more like rF1:
    - Load the game
    - Select the Mod/s
    - Select the Track
    - Go Race
    its simple, its quick, its easier!

EDIT: Not forgetting the problems with 'All Cars/Tracks Mod', 100s of tracks and mods, shifting through them all, selecting different opponents everytime you want to race, fiddling with mirror & seat adjustments everytime etc....its just a poor way of going about offline racing IMO

2. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Bouncing this for ISIs attention, after all this time I still firmly believe a better "in game" system is required as Vmod creation is a complete mess now as predicted by me and many others. Having a decent in game system which does the job there and then has got to be worth consideration at least if not already.

If not then is this something that can be done by the community? perhaps a user made in game UI? if so ISI please say so either way so someone (maybe me!) can crack on with it at least.

3. Jamezinho

Jamezinho Registered

+ infinity.