SOLVED In-game audio not transmitted through headphones

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Magus, Jan 13, 2023.

1. Magus

Magus Registered

Having an odd issue.

In W11 I select my headphones as the audio source and when I load into rF2 all the menu sounds are transmitted through the headphones, even when I load into the track/car/race. However, once I press drive, the audio starts to come through my desktop speakers even though the windows settings are still stating headphones.

I'm racing in VR and had my headset for a number of years, its own headphones broke so I removed them and using Audeze Mobius headphones. I only really play rF2 and some AMS2, not happened in the latter at all but is a regular (& annoying) occurrence in rF2.

Anyone have any ideas as to why and what i can possibly do to resolve it.

2. RaceNut

RaceNut Registered

One thing worth trying may be to disable the desktop speakers in Win11 sound settings. It's strange that it does it only in session, though.

I've not had your same issue in rF2 however, I did have issues where the audio device automatically shifted to my monitor audio (Nvidia audio) upon starting some titles. Once disabled, I had no further issues with devices competing for audio access.

3. Magus

Magus Registered

Slightly strange but all I can assume is that the HRFT profile of the headset is causing it. When I have the headphones on the stand, load into the game then race, place headphones on my head, then the sound will come from the speakers. BUT when the headphones are centered before loading, then it is abslutely fine.

4. RaceNut

RaceNut Registered

Have you tried using the "Automatic" setting in rF2 sounds? Could be a temporary solution as it seems to bypass the HRFT setting.

5. Magus

Magus Registered

Yes I did but I think the issue is with the headphones own software for spatial sound and it's own HRFT profile not rF2.