Improved Flags & Weather Info

Discussion in 'Wish Lists' started by MarcoSaupe, Feb 12, 2012.

1. MarcoSaupe

MarcoSaupe Registered

Hi

I think it would be important to improve the flag system - e.g. at the moment there is no yellow flag if haybales are lying on the track. Everyone who once found himself driving facing one of these after driving through the harbour chicane in monaco knows why this is a must have feature ;)
    In monaco I also found that sometimes the flags are being shown too late - when a car crashed in the chicane you need yellow flags when you leave the tunnel - if they are shown later it may be too late to brake (yeah, I know, on public servers nobody brakes under yellow, but I'm only driving on the servers of our leagues, and there are at least some people who do brake :cool: )

I'd suggest having one yellow flag for something happening next to the track (car in the gravel) and two flags for something on the track - or if possible to detect by the software even the real thing Yellow Flags on Wiki.

I'd also like to have some general information about the upcoming weather shown during a race (especially when fully randow weather is implemented) - not the exact specifics, but just some rough info a real pitcrew might signal you like "rain very likely/possible/unlikely in 15 minutes" in one of the displays - this would be enough. Give this signal a random factor (but the same for all drivers in a race) so you are never certain, but you may gamble on a strategy, just like in real racing. We often drive long races in our leagues, and if you know there is a good chance of rain, you might drive a few laps more on your worn out tires, and hope to save a stop.

Marco

2. coops

coops Banned