improve graphically

Discussion in 'Wish Lists' started by TONIO DURAN, Dec 6, 2013.

1. TONIO DURAN

TONIO DURAN Registered

graphically choose to guarantee that we are in 2014 i lack a lot to reach the level of the time that almost all simulators ultilican dx11. thanks

2. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Oh yeah and show me your DX11 simulators add on tracks :)

Already we have free add-on tracks I would compare with ISI quality and things are still not finished.
    Thing is though even lesser quality addons are great to drive in rF2 and do not have to look photo-shop
    In AC and pCARS they would just look out of place.

I like rF2 the way I can look way up the road to Masta ( Belgium 2nd chicane ) and still make out vehicle and colour.
    This is from 1/2 a mile away, I can still make out if it is a spark or Eve and colour even on the body you can hardly see from rear.
    AC and others at distance the cars look like little blobs in the scenery.

I don't think DX10/11 has lived up to its claim, it looks great but it has this static clean feeling to me.
    Rain, night, lighting, ambience, smoke, steam , fire are no better for mine then rF2 aka DX9.

3. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

DX11, visually speaking and up until now, hardly makes a difference to DX9 as many amazing looking DX9 games/DX11 games in DX9 mode prove, however, it's the "under the hood" stuff that is so much better/optimized/powerful in DX11.

I'm not sure about the technical aspects, but if programmed properly DX11 can get much more done than DX9/the same amount done as DX9 but in a much more efficient manner. Basically you just have way more headroom to get things done in an easier/much more efficient way than DX9.

4. RJames

RJames Registered

DX11 would be a much welcomed updated tbh now that XP support is falling away and is entirely possible on the ISI engine.

5. Jerry Luis

Jerry Luis Banned

Most reasonable explanation i ever read until now (to an outsider like me) about dx9 X d11

6. sg333

sg333 Registered

...but DX11 is, like, 2 more than DX9, so it must be better, right?

7. Jerry Luis

Jerry Luis Banned

like what i think i understand from previous post: maybe its more about the tools

8. coops

coops Banned

yes but ISI still cater for XP where if you look at iracing and others they are moving away now if not very soon iracing even put a notice up about it and a date when it happens. I hope ISI moves this way very soon as well.

9. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Anything backwards comp. from DX11.2 is fine by me.

But I got to say the extra fairy floss would need to be arse kicking fairy floss :p to warrant me dropping Windows 7 , buying a new OS and video card. ;)

10. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

DX 11.2 and it's integratiom with Win 8/8.1 is apparently really good. Ive read a lot of stories of people getting, not only measurable on paper improvememts, but real world improvememts as well in games like Battlefield when going from win 7 DX11 to Win 8/8.1 DX11.2.

Im in the middle of a new build, got all my peices lined up and I just don't know wether to go Win 7 or 8, I CANT STAND the way windows 8 works on my parents' laptop. Everything feels extremely too user friendly, I cant get into all the deep options of programs and edit how the OS runs things, it's all just setup way too much in a Apple "easy for all but simplistic and non technical for people who know what they are doing" way.

11. RJames

RJames Registered

IMO for any new build I would go Windows 8.

I built a new machine not so far back with Windows 8 and at first hated it, it felt like a negative experience but after a month or so I was just as fluid and might even say enjoyed using it once I got around understanding the differences. However I had a piece of software that did not work on W8 so ended up having to roll back to W7 and have used it since. I will be building a updated rig this month and W8 will be installed again without a doubt.

12. deak1944

deak1944 Guest

Microsoft stopped selling Windows 7 at the end of October.

13. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

14. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

I wondering what they using for a GPU ....there is no DX11.2 video cards as yet. ?

DX11.2 is hardware coded don't work on Keplers or AMD afaik

;)

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 11, 2013
  15. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

No, they didn't. They switched it to "undetermined" as to when they'll stop selling it, from October, 2014.

16. deak1944

deak1944 Guest

17. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Should not believe everything you read :)

18. deak1944

deak1944 Guest

Thats true! Especially if it is Microsoft and Fox news!

19. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

:)

Just remember you need a new video card even if sims do end up using DX11.2

The features that 11.2 have over 11.1 are in hardware

I do not think we will see a DX11.2 sim.

If iRacing have already started they could not be using it.

20. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

But even if you don't have an 11.2 card most of us, if not all, have 11.0 or 11.1, no?

ISI are extremely, extremely quiet. There is no way they're just sitting on their sofas having a beer while being content with windows xp/7 & DX9 for the next 10 years until RFactor 3 comes out. There's just no way. I bet they're looking at it already, maybe doing research on it, if not already some form of actual coding/testing. Might be 2-4 years before it's officially updated, who knows, im just speculating here, but there is no way in my mind that they aren't at thr very least looking into it/researching it at the moment.