Important issue that needs solving!

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by hamiltonfan2205, May 29, 2015.

1. hamiltonfan2205

hamiltonfan2205 Registered

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=crrRIWYirXE

Any idea why this happens? This only happens on particular tracks, when I have 26 cars it's fine, but when I have 27 or more, it does this, and there are 30 cars in the series I'm running. There is no maximum vehicles line in the GDB file...

2. MarcG

MarcG Registered

You need to speak to the Mod and or Track creator as neither are ISI (at least the track isn't not 100% sure about the mod), more than likely an issue with the track.

3. redapg

redapg Registered

I would suspect that there are too few garage-spots on the tracks where that happens.
    As MarcG said, no ISI issue.

4. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

Yep, too few garage spots in the AIW. I see you have the track in DevMode already so why not fix the AIW while you're in there? That assumes you have enough physical space to add more garage spots.

5. hamiltonfan2205

Tried that, and doesn't solve the problem. In fact when I actually try to create the new garage positions it doesn't save even if I tell it to, which I'm pretty sure is related to the issue, because I've never had this on other tracks. The way I tested it was went into the AI file and copied a garage set and set it as the 14th team and 15th team etc. I don't know what the issue is but I'm pretty sure it is something somewhere that is telling it to not allow more than 26 cars in the game... There was a value in the original GDB file that stated that a maximum of 26 cars are allowed but I removed that, no difference... Anyone know what the issue is?

6. hamiltonfan2205

I am kind of in a rush to get this sorted... Sorry if I sound rude here...

7. redapg

redapg Registered

Sorry that i have to say that, but i'm sometimes not sure if you really know what you are doing and if you always tell us "the whole truth".

To give a perfect answer we would need to have exactly the track and the mod that you are using.
    Now we have another quiz.

But let me ask: before you added new garage spots, did you added the needed pit-spots before?

8. hamiltonfan2205

It's the Monaco RaceRfactor track im just optimising for use in the league...
    Regarding the second question, the answer is no, but when I copied the garage positions for the 13th team in the AI file, i copied the pit positions as well... And still there was the issue

9. Gijs van Elderen

Gijs van Elderen Registered

Codemasters ? :p

Most of these conversions have issues and bugs. :(

10. hamiltonfan2205

Could be that, but the RaceRfactor Australia 2014 track has the same issue...

11. redapg

redapg Registered

Did you copy and paste the entries from 1 Teamindex into the AIW and renamed it from e.g. TeamIndex=12 into TeamIndex=13 and TeamIndex=14 with using the same positions and orientations?

1 thing i don't understand. When you have the track in Devmode why don't you use the AIW editor.
    And that you answered my question with "no", answers your problem why the garage-spots haven't been saved when you added them with the AIW editor.
    Without an existing pit-spot, garage-spots will not be saved when you click "save waypoints".
    That was the way it worked in rF1 and i am pretty sure it is the same in rF2.

That is what i would suggest:
    Enter the track, add pit-spot 13 and 14 and add garage-spots 13/1, 13/2, 14/1, 14/2 for the cars No. 27-30, by using the AIW editor. That "costs" you 5 minutes.
    Save waypoints, leave the track and enter with 30 cars again. Does the problem still exists?

And please post the downloadlink from where you got that track. I want to try it here by myself now.

12. hamiltonfan2205

Problem Solved! What I did, F1RFT used the same track, but with a different AI file, I just simply copied the garage positions, grid positions etc from the F1RFT AI file into the RR one, and it worked! This doesn't solve the problem with other tracks I plan to use that has this issue, but at least indicates where the issue is... Are you able to say directly where the issue is based on this?

13. redapg

redapg Registered

Like said before. To be sure about the reason, i/we at least would need the track.

But i am sure with 99,999999999% that i've described the solution in my posting #11.

EDIT and i would suggest to start editing the next upcoming tracks, which have similar or others problems, a little bit sooner.

EDIT 2 i have to ask because it wasn't clear/ i thought that it happened in the garage:
    Did you get the "Skyview" with the car standing in the garage or in the grid when the race starts?
    When it happened in the grid, it could be caused by too few grid-spots!

Last edited by a moderator: May 31, 2015
  14. Euskotracks

Euskotracks Registered

could you post both aiw files please? Not the original which I can easily get it. your first edition and the one working. Thanks in advance.

15. Gijs van Elderen

Gijs van Elderen Registered

That's also a from Codemasters.
    And at this Redbull Ring, if you take the last corner to much on the inside you'll get a pit speed penalty at the end of the straight.

16. MarcG

MarcG Registered

the pitfalls of playing with ripped content....