I'm riding the struggle bus with MAS2...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Voodoo Pizzaman, Feb 15, 2014.

1. Voodoo Pizzaman

Voodoo Pizzaman Registered

I'm just trying to understand putting together multicmp's and and rfmods...can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong? Here's a step by step.

Goal: Create a self-contained mod using the G6 & G4, their respective sound and talent files, and every track in my collection. I shall name it "Classic Sports Car Challenge."

Step 1: Open MAS2.exe. My working directory is C:\RFMODS\. My packages directory is My Documents\rFactor2\Packages.
    Step 2: Click the "Create the Package File" button.
    Step 3: Click "Create New Mod Package" button in the dialog box that opens.
    Step 4: Type "Classic Sports Car Challenge" in Mod Name box.
    Step 5: Click Browse in the rFm MAS section and edit the default.rfm, changing vehicle filter to G4 and G6 and track filter to * (wildcard, for any track). Click next
    Step 6: Add Tracks dialog box appears, but is empty with no tracks to select. Same with add vehicles, and add other components.
    Step 7: In the final dialog box, there are no options to select any components and the mod obviously cannot be packaged.

So...anyone think they can duplicate this and tell me what's going on?

2. R1CHO

R1CHO Registered

1 of your file path's is wrong

3. Voodoo Pizzaman

As in Working Directory? As in Packages Directory? You'll have to be more specific.

4. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

Change the working directory of the MAS tool to point to your datapath.... not the packages folder. The MAS tool only lists what is installed which is why it needs to be set to the datapath.

When I say working directory I am referring to the "start in" path of your mas2 shortcut.

5. Voodoo Pizzaman

Datapath...? Still don't understand.

6. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

When you install rF2 it prompts you for the Core path and the datapath. The datapath is what you want to use for the "start in" path on your mas2 shortcut.

7. Voodoo Pizzaman

Whew, thank goodness it worked. Thanks for your help.

8. Voodoo Pizzaman

Do you know how to resolve a Duplicate Manifests error?

9. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

When are you getting that error? When installing a component with ModMgr? I have uninstalled a component before and then when I go to reinstall I get an error like that. It is normally caused because there is still a file for that component in the manifests folder. Simply deleting it from the manifests folder fixes it. Haven't seen that one in a long time though.

10. Voodoo Pizzaman

It's coming in MAS2 after I've selected all the components and clicked "Package" on the final dialog box. Thing is there's no manifest file in the filepath it claims.

11. MJP

MJP Registered

What does the error message say, I know it gets truncated but it should give you a pointer to what's wrong. Common issues are having say 2 (or more) versions of the same track/car installed that use the same name.

12. Voodoo Pizzaman

It was that issue, coupled with the one Noel outlined. Deleting the old version of the culprit manifest file worked. Had to uninstall then manually delete the old versions of certain tracks. Thanks for your help.